Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
That picture shows a seam on the hardtop that would indicate it has freedom panels like a standard jeep.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait to see these on the streets! I wonder what the wheel base will be?

·
Registered
170 Posts
It would have been great if they put an Hemi option on this.

Reactions: m998dna

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Does the roof come off it?

I wonder if you can get a soft top to cover the cab and box all in one piece.
It should have a removeable top as well as Freedom Panels. A soft top will also be available. Just as happened with the Scrambler, I'm sure aftermarket tops will appear that cover the cab and bed. I never liked those. I'm also betting that aftermarket hard and soft camper shells will soon become available.

I'm already planning to sell my Scrambler (again) and trade/sell my '16 Canyon SLT to fund the purchase of a Gladiator as soon as order banks open. Most speculation is that a loaded Rubicon will be in the neighborhood of $60K.

As for wheelbase, no figures have been released but the frame is rumored to be about 3' longer than a JKU. There will be significant overhang in the rear, just as with the original Scrambler which was called a "tail-dragger" when it came out. With a slight lift and very careful driving, the rear bumper on my '82 is in pristine condition...right down to the extremely rare plastic end caps.

And Jeep just posted this: https://www.facebook.com/7037526514/posts/10158727288106515/

Reactions: m998dna

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
You guys see these photos? Apparently the JT Gladiator will be announced at the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show at the end of November..

Has anyone seen any official announcements by Jeep (FCA) that the Gladiator is indeed called the "JT" ??

I am not saying it isn't. Just haven't seen anything except by diehard Jeep fans.

·
Premium Member
9,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Has anyone seen any official announcements by Jeep (FCA) that the Gladiator is indeed called the "JT" ??

I am not saying it isn't. Just haven't seen anything except by diehard Jeep fans.
Not that I know... this was cut and paste, not to mention the Wrangler Forum is using it..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I'll be very curious to see what the aftermarket brings in terms of a top that covers both the cab and bed. And that towing capacity is sweet. I find myself getting excited about this thing.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts