Reactions: Gen5Glock21

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
The 7000# towing def has a bug in my ear

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
.. if you could wave a wand and turn your JK/JL into a JT, would you?
Your wand only needs to be a good credit card. There has been the JK8 kit for the JKU around for a few years.

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
JT .. YES.. Hope for the 2dr extra cab...

Right! 2 dr extra cab 6.5 foot bed. I think it would look the best and be the most functional for me. For now I can Fold the seats down in my JLU to put lumber in. Just noticed my wife’s grand Cherokee front seats food down flat.. I can fit 2x8s. I need a trailer soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gen5Glock21

·
Registered
471 Posts
JL is meh to me with its multiple batteries (up to 3!), stop/start, extra size, etc. so make mine a JK!
Yeah I hear you. Now I changed my mind, never thought of the start-stop-start-stop thing.

I do not like that when I rented a jew cherokee. I wonder if the battery goes dead in the cold of winter. With all the sensors :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For me... it will come down to comparing the 2.0T to the 3.0D... both might be compelling choices in their own way... But I feel like the 'Real' JT will be in high demand for quite a while. But is it going to mostly poach JL buyers or will it entice any of the Yoyota or other small/medium truck buyers? I dunno... The new Ranger, already popular Canyon, overdue-for-an-update Tacoma... there are going to be some good choices to pick from finally in the smaller truck world.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Since all three might be on the market for a short time... if you could wave a wand and turn your JK/JL into a JT, would you?
Only if the magic wand fixes the frame welds at the same time. ;)

I dunno. I already have an old Jeep J10 pickup so I'm not really feeling the need to get get a JT. But if I sold the J10 and the JK I might be able to afford a down payment on a JT (diesel Rubicon).

·
Registered
200 Posts
No. Wheelbase is just too long and if I'm honest - it looks like they hired the design guys who ruined the Honda truck, but just for the rear end.

But if they did one with ~ a 110 inch wheel base and a Hemi option I'd get my pinkslip and checkbook.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I very much want to check these out. I will be heading to the Detroit Auto Show in January and taking a close up look at them. I can see one of these in my future. Great for hunting and camping and I like the 4 door for interior space. We shall see.

Hank

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The 7000# towing def has a bug in my ear
Same here. If I directly replace my JKU, I'm inclined to seek out another (lower mileage) JKU and transfer over my roof rack/wheels rather than spend thousands more on a JLU and have to start over with accessories to boot. That towing capacity on the JT sounds mighty tasty, though...

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
My J10 with a 131" wheelbase had only a 5,000 pound tow rating. Granted, the upgrades I've made have bumped up the capability quite a bit. But if it is indeed over 7,000 pounds I will have to seriously mull things over. It would definitely be a case of consolidating my J10, JK, and XJ down into one vehicle.

A diesel Rubicon JT does sound mighty tasty indeed... assuming the price isn't stupid high, which it might be... and they sort out their quality issues, which they might not.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
in considering the JT, already have an F250 SD with the good 7.3L engine (Diesel) and part of me is wanting to down size to something smaller truck wise (to me it makes sense to keep a truck) but now with my current Jeep the truck has even less need to be around and the fact that I no longer use it as intended (for work) it just sits at my house in the drive way....so another reason to consider trading it in for a smaller truck, but I just love having a diesel so yea...im torn....

as for the JT If they would offer the JT with an 8 foot bed and 4 door option with manual trans (not this shift tronics stuff) I would be willing to take my current truck and trade it in for one right now...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts