Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm on a five-month off-road expedition around the country. I've been a little bit negligent in posting, which I'm catching up on now. For anyone that's not familiar with what I'm up to - check out the first few posts in my original thread describing what I'm doing - Building out my JKUR 2013 - Adventure Bound.

This is the first real installment of the trip, and there's going to be plenty more coming - almost weekly. I'm going to put each location in a seperate thread just to keep stuff seperate and easier to find / manage. If you're interested in following the progress, just subscribe to the main thread I linked above. See the link at the bottom to get to the full album on Flickr.

For those of you that aren't familiar - Superlift is a really killer ORV park in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I ended up riding solo, but the people that run the place are great and helped me work out a good plan on the map given my rig. They use a 1-5 diamond rating system, with 5's being some of the hardest. Most of the 5's you really need a hardcore rock crawler or buggy. I stuck to mostly 3's and 4's and had a blast. A few of them - like Bailies Boulders, Sesame Street, and Ravine, were crazy.

I ended up trying to squeeze Ravine in at the end of the day, after being out there for six hours straight with no break. The sun was getting pretty low, and my weather system was telling me I was right on the fringe of some rain. But I HAD to squeeze one more in. Enter Ravine. This is basically a narrow climb with a series of mild switchbacks that is covered in some sizeable rocks. In other words - awesome. I got about 1/3 of the way in, and then the sky opened up. The rocks got pretty slick, and I got a little stuck a couple of times, but not enough to where I needed to whip out the recovery gear. Was able to finagle my way out. Might have earned a few new tatoos - but hey - we don't do this to keep them pristine now do we?

Here's the link to the entire album. Since I was solo they're all stationary pictures - would've loved to have got some actions shots or video. I just got a GoPro, and I'm heading to the Rubicon Trail Jamboree this weekend. I'll have some great pics and great video from multiple angles for it, which I should have sometime in the middle of next week. Subscribe to my original thread or keep an eye out for it!

JT at Superlift - July 2013 - Full Album

BTW - Here's how the itinerary stands so far:

- Rubicon Trail
- Big Horn Mountain
- Black Hills / Deadwood
- Ouray Colorado
- Death Valley and some other Socal Spots
- Moab
- Williamsburg, KY
- Cullman AL

Stay tuned for the next thread from the Rubicon Trail!

-justin

·
Registered
182 Posts
Live about 45 mins from there. Haven't made it there in my 10a but have taken my other Jeeps in the past. Good times...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We do SuperLift all the time, its a great park and has some good trails. As a matter of fact we will be racing there in two weeks. Sounds like you are enjoying yours self, have fun and be safe man.
Had a great time there. They've got so many trails I feel like I barely scratched the surface after spending hours tooling around. I'm thinking of stopping there one more time in October on my way to Alabama. The whole place is laid out really well, and the map system is pretty impressive. Makes it easy to know where you're going and what you're getting yourself into. Good luck in the race!

·
Registered
224 Posts
looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing! :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts