Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm planing to drive up there this weekend for the first time, any tips anything I need to know about that place?

·
Registered
6 Posts
We took a trip up to jumping off rock this past Sunday. Haven't been there since I was a teenager. It was a great ride. Saw probably 20 paragrin falcons. Beautiful place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a wonderful trip up to Jumping-Off-Rock yesterday. Roads were in good shape. Would have liked a little more mud.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you do the laurel valley loop? That's probably the best part of the trail. Also the other side, Mustergrounds , has better trails but the views aren't as good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can anyone remind me how to get to the trail head? I went up once with a group and would really like to go back. Drove by what I thought would have been the entrance a few weeks ago heading camping up in Brevard, but I couldn't find it. Is there a good landmark?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Highway 178 north, cross highway 11, when you pass over a bridge (8.1 miles) that has stone work turn left into the entrance, Laurel Valley road. That entrance is the easiest to find but closes January 15th.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Columbia Jeep Club, the Greenville Jeep Club, and a few others are going to be up at Horse Pasture this Saturday, January 11th. If anybody wants to come along, we will be meeting at the Holly Springs Country Store 6491 SC Hwy 11, Pickens at about 10 am. PM me for more info or if you have any questions.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Trip is postponed due to weather....possibly Sunday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts