Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been years since I've posted anything on this site, so some of you won't know me, some of you will remember me and some of you won't care one way or another :)

For those of you who are open to the idea- I'm looking for a run June 30th weekend. My regular peeps I've been running with are down right now getting ready for our big trip in July. I can't wait that long and need a run in between then.

For those of you who don't know who I am; I prefer to run the harder trails..I have no idea of what my profile says here and I'm too lazy to look, but to give you an idea....I'm on 35's, locked, 488's and an Atlas ll 4.3 Transfer case..and all the other bells and whistles. I know a little bit :) Have no problem leading through the rocks. You can check out any vids on youtube at IH8RDS. I just store them there and that's about it.

So...any interest, post up and/or I'm on FB at Lorie Graves. FB is a lot easier for me as the Navy has blocked this site at work. You can send a PM through FB if you'd like. I'm pretty much on all day long. I just keep it open.

OK...that's all I got! If Crickets is all I hear on this post...Wheels Up and enjoy!

Jeep Girl

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Lori, good to see you posting here. I don't think I can make a run over that weekend. Firstly, it's because I work on Saturdays. Second, I'm bone stock jkur.
I was reading the forums here for about a year before becoming a member and always saw your stuff posted here in the Ca forums. I actually ran into you by recognizing your Jeep in the Vons parking lot last summer and introduced myself, It was nice meeting you and maybe when I build up "Rubi" my wife named the Jeep :) We can join in on the tough stuff. If you ever do have one of your begginer/introduction trips though post one here. Btw

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lorie,

Its been a while."..... We would be interested in wheeling that weekend. Where you thinking?

Mike
(Old forum name Loser1)

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lori, good to see you posting here. I don't think I can make a run over that weekend. Firstly, it's because I work on Saturdays. Second, I'm bone stock jkur.
I was reading the forums here for about a year before becoming a member and always saw your stuff posted here in the Ca forums. I actually ran into you by recognizing your Jeep in the Vons parking lot last summer and introduced myself, It was nice meeting you and maybe when I build up "Rubi" my wife named the Jeep :) We can join in on the tough stuff. If you ever do have one of your begginer/introduction trips though post one here. Btw
HI- I remember that :) That is a bummer you work on Saturday. It's so far ahead, maybe you can swap or "have an appt" ?

Lorie,

Its been a while."..... We would be interested in wheeling that weekend. Where you thinking?

Mike
(Old forum name Loser1)

I remember the Loser1 name..can't place your face..been too long :( It's funny...I used to Live on this site and then I discovered FB. Stupid stuff goes on in forums, and that was another reason I just stuck to FB.

As for this run....I am open as long as people want to camp too. Desert season is over. so we're looking at mountains....I have the Rubicon or AZ in July, so looking for something like Fraizer area or Big Bear..........or I would actually like to go back to Bronco Peak, Coral Canyon. My friend broke and I never got to do the entire trail. That is quite the haul for me but it would be worth it. So I'm open to whatever. Did you have any preference in location?

WhiteJKU If we do easy Fraizer, you can do anything out there.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I would actually like to go back to Bronco Peak, Coral Canyon. My friend broke and I never got to do the entire trail.
Sidewinder & Bronco Peak is an awesome run. I'd be interested, though I'm trying to take advantage of the 4 day weekend for a longer trip. You'll have no trouble finding someone down here to run it with though, I see 2 or 3 runs pop up every weekend.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sidewinder & Bronco Peak is an awesome run. I'd be interested, though I'm trying to take advantage of the 4 day weekend for a longer trip. You'll have no trouble finding someone down here to run it with though, I see 2 or 3 runs pop up every weekend.
That is a long ass haul for me hours wise coming from Ventura. It's not the miles as much so the traffic. Last time I went, it took over 6 hours to get there b/c of traffic. Freakin BRUTAL.

But I'm actually off July 3rd too. Where were you wanting to go ?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Where were you wanting to go ?
I've always been the get up and go type, so i haven't planned anything yet. Something to the effect of Moab/Sedona/Rubicon would be ideal though

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hey Lorie.. long time no see. I could possibly... a long-shot but just maybe join for the day run. I got family in town that weekend and It might be a perfect getaway for the day.
I'll let you know if I can make it....

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've always been the get up and go type, so i haven't planned anything yet. Something to the effect of Moab/Sedona/Rubicon would be ideal though

:thumb:

Hey Lorie.. long time no see. I could possibly... a long-shot but just maybe join for the day run. I got family in town that weekend and It might be a perfect getaway for the day.
I'll let you know if I can make it....
Hiya :) Yes, long time...To day run would be brutal for me...8+ hours RT drive....too much on top of wheeling. If at least one other person camps, I'm good with that..but I'm not driving 4 hours or more one way to the trail and then turn around and drive home afterwards the same day.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me know what you decide with some sort of notice if possible. I have leave on the books I can burn!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts