Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the June's Jeep of the Month Competition!

Last Months Winner @KyzerSosa

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
20 Posts
Relatively budget friendly JK Build. -2016

• 285/75/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Rubicon Take offs
  • Teraflex leveling kit
  • Teraflex 1.25 wheel spacers
  • Stubby Bumper end caps
  • LED headlights
  • Side steps
  • Mesh grill guard
  • Tow hitch

-Favorite aspect- In my eyes it’s aggressive but modest.
-Favorite memory- driving her off the lot. Even as a kid I wanted a Jeep. About 5 years after college, I finally had a stable job where purchasing a Jeep was achievable, but still a stretch. I went to different dealerships every weekend until I finally found one I could “afford”. Manual everything.. Purchasing her was a stretch, but I didn’t care. I felt like I accomplished something. Haha

36856134-ECE9-447D-8E4E-8445A9AE7FFE.jpeg
3EC17B71-5D24-4D15-8A18-71F3DED438BE.jpeg
3ECF98FC-2B79-4313-8041-32676A25FC9C.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought it on 5-21-21. Started disassembly and sanding that same afternoon, as it was brush-painted silver. By 5-22 afternoon I was putting it back together.
Took it out to Uwharrie here in NC on 5-30 on all the trails but Daniel and Dickey Bell and other than initially having it jumpy in Low 4, learned the feel of it better and it was very much more enjoyable.
Going back soon to tackle DB and eventually Daniel once I get more at ease and learn the capabilities of it.

Mods (as far as I know based on seller's list):
4" Skyjacker lift
All new urethane body bushings with an additional 1" lift.
New skid plates
Dynomax Cat back exhaust
Terraflex SYE
D44 Disc brake conversion
sliders
security trunk
Fosgate amp and 12" sub
All new axle bearings and seals
Upper and lower control arms
total front steering components replaced with Moog parts
Various lights
Black Rock 15X10 wheels with new MT Deegan 33X12.50's
Brute Power Clutch, bearing, PP, flywheel
Bumpers front and rear.

My future plans:
Swing away tire carrier
Possible exo-rack
Winch
Dual battery setup
BedRug interior covering for the floor.
On-board air
Rotopax carrier
new soft top
bimini top/sunshade
35's once the 33's wear out. Probably go with KM3's or MT Baja Claws.

Favorite aspect: Being able to get offroad again in a vehicle capable of it. I ordered a new Bronco BL but it will be later in '22 once it arrives.
Favorite memory: Lol, just got it, but favorite so far was this past trip to Uwharrie and seeing people's reactions and conversations about the paint.

Glad to be part of the Jeep family again (last one I had in the late 90's was a '90 YJ). Feels good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Started jeeping in 1972 with a Buick V6 powered CJ5. Many adventures, desert trips and Baja... Got married, sold my CJ, bought an XJ. Kids are 32 and 35 now, and I've had my 2000 TJ with 4.0 six and 5 speed going on 2 years. We're ranch folk, and my fun jeep also works! Cutting and hauling firewood from the forest next door or, t
20210603_084017.jpg
20210603_131311.jpg
20201216_155427.jpg
oday, hauling 3,000 lbs of water to cattle. Often, just running up and down our 1/4 mile ranch driveway, to clear the path for lesser vehicles. Of course the little Jeep is a good time in the Colorado forests and mountains.
Mods? Mostly I've gotten that out of my system. Lesseee... receiver hitch, decent off road capable tires, chain door keepers to replace the busted straps, a bit of window screen over the air intake to keep mice out, synthetic lubricants, seat covers, homemade door map pockets, held on with magnets! Um, dash trays. I bought 2 LED round bumper lights to put on.
I care for her, camp and work together with her- and the ranch wife isn't jealous! I believe in good maintenance and finding high, lonesome places. After so many family responsible years, I am tickled to have a little Jeep once more.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I've always been a huge fan of Jeeps. Ever since i saw Daisy Duke ride up on her CJ-7 Dixie! I didn't buy my first until 2008. I bought a black 97 Jeep Wrangler TJ, Betty. She sat on 31's. Nothing special. No mods. She was prefect just the way she was. Took many road trips. Never let me down. I took good care of her she took good care of me. Until 2020 i had to sell her. Her frame was rusting thru and i couldn't afford to replace it. She found a new home with a fellow Jeeper in Indiana. I saved up my pennies for a year and i bought myself a forest green 2007 JK, Betty 2.0. I've had her for 3 months and she's a charm. She's got 2 inch lift sitting on 35's. I know we'll have much fun a much as i did with the original Betty.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Started jeeping in 1972 with a Buick V6 powered CJ5. Many adventures, desert trips and Baja... Got married, sold my CJ, bought an XJ. Kids are 32 and 35 now, and I've had my 2000 TJ with 4.0 six and 5 speed going on 2 years. We're ranch folk, and my fun jeep also works! Cutting and hauling firewood from the forest next door or, t View attachment 4514038 View attachment 4514039 View attachment 4514040 oday, hauling 3,000 lbs of water to cattle. Often, just running up and down our 1/4 mile ranch driveway, to clear the path for lesser vehicles. Of course the little Jeep is a good time in the Colorado forests and mountains.
Mods? Mostly I've gotten that out of my system. Lesseee... receiver hitch, decent off road capable tires, chain door keepers to replace the busted straps, a bit of window screen over the air intake to keep mice out, synthetic lubricants, seat covers, homemade door map pockets, held on with magnets! Um, dash trays. I bought 2 LED round bumper lights to put on.
I care for her, camp and work together with her- and the ranch wife isn't jealous! I believe in good maintenance and finding high, lonesome places. After so many family responsible years, I am tickled to have a little Jeep once more.
Nice to see them "putting in the work.", being used as not only a fun vehicle, but a tool and means to get off the pavement and civilization.
Looks like a lot of work at times, but a peaceful life.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Meet Trigger, my 2015 JKU

• Spartan lunchbox front locker
  • GoFarAuto Quick disconnects
  • 35" Ironman tires
  • Teraflex 2.5" lift
  • Smittybilt fenders
  • Hooke fender liners
  • Wheel spacers
  • Stubby Bumper
  • 9500 Smittybilt cable winch
  • LED headlights
  • LED box lights
  • Tyger rock sliders
  • Highlift jack and mount
  • Tow hitch

Favorite aspect? Everything! It was love at first sight with this tank green military looking bad boy! The bumper really makes it, though.
Favorite memory? So many to choose from! Besides my recent trip to Moab and making it through 3 level 6-8 Honor Badge trails... it would have to be hanging with a bunch of Jeepers and a few of us wanted some flex photos and the first person tried and couldnt climb the rock then I was able to pull it off with flying colors. Just having the confidence now to do these things with my Jeep and not be afraid anymore means THE WORLD TO ME.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2011 jk my son calls the ultimate rubicon but it’s the phantom Wrangler That’s the wifes the MAMA BEAR. The two door started out as hers but she wanted a four door so I sold my suburban and I got the two door kids are grown up now don’t need a bus anymore it Started out as a stock Wrangler but I soon caught the trail bug and the Jeep name (Just Empty Every Pocket) definitely lived up to it. Started off with Just zone 2 in spacer lift and ranchos then it turned into a 4 inch rough country then turned into just keeping the springs and shocks going from 31 to 35 in tire size Cooper evolution MT. On 2018 Willie’s solid black rims. Then had to replace the front drive shaft went with rubicon express double Cardin on front and rear. Then had the front lower and rear upper rubicon express control arms. At this point I seriously needed to rear gear from the stock 3.73 to 4.88 made a world of difference was going to rebuild the front Dana 30 but after talking it over with the fine people on this forum that said if your going to go thru all that trouble to do that might as well go with 44 so I went with an ultimate Dana 44 with e locker Instaled another great buy cost about $ 5,000 to have that installed rebuilt the rear 44 new seals gear swap added a Detroit tru trac locker added jks front quick sway bar disconnects and mammoth extended brake lines. A smittybuilt 9.500 lb wench 20 in light bar for the front bumper new fenders, front and rear bumper metacloak rear diff skid plate evap plate and kicker speaker upgrade. Oh and a loud air horn. All this and the wife got a new kitchen and new floors in the whole house.
1623481277197.jpeg
1623481456193.jpeg
1623481565355.jpeg
1623481456193.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the Add, New guy here, just posting pics, of "THE CHIEF", My 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 3.6L, with a 2.5 inch Lift, Falken tires, with wayyyy too many mods, to list, lol. I'd probably get Carpal Tunnel, lol. JK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just bought it on 5-21-21. Started disassembly and sanding that same afternoon, as it was brush-painted silver. By 5-22 afternoon I was putting it back together.
Took it out to Uwharrie here in NC on 5-30 on all the trails but Daniel and Dickey Bell and other than initially having it jumpy in Low 4, learned the feel of it better and it was very much more enjoyable.
Going back soon to tackle DB and eventually Daniel once I get more at ease and learn the capabilities of it.

Mods (as far as I know based on seller's list):
4" Skyjacker lift
All new urethane body bushings with an additional 1" lift.
New skid plates
Dynomax Cat back exhaust
Terraflex SYE
D44 Disc brake conversion
sliders
security trunk
Fosgate amp and 12" sub
All new axle bearings and seals
Upper and lower control arms
total front steering components replaced with Moog parts
Various lights
Black Rock 15X10 wheels with new MT Deegan 33X12.50's
Brute Power Clutch, bearing, PP, flywheel
Bumpers front and rear.

My future plans:
Swing away tire carrier
Possible exo-rack
Winch
Dual battery setup
BedRug interior covering for the floor.
On-board air
Rotopax carrier
new soft top
bimini top/sunshade
35's once the 33's wear out. Probably go with KM3's or MT Baja Claws.

Favorite aspect: Being able to get offroad again in a vehicle capable of it. I ordered a new Bronco BL but it will be later in '22 once it arrives.
Favorite memory: Lol, just got it, but favorite so far was this past trip to Uwharrie and seeing people's reactions and conversations about the paint.

Glad to be part of the Jeep family again (last one I had in the late 90's was a '90 YJ). Feels good. View attachment 4513831 View attachment 4513832 View attachment 4513833 View attachment 4513834
Love the paint job that’s awesome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice to see them "putting in the work.", being used as not only a fun vehicle, but a tool and means to get off the pavement and civilization.
Looks like a lot of work at times, but a peaceful life.
20210222_204241.jpg
20210222_161543.jpg
20210222_204535.jpg
I cut the wood and the ranch wife loads it in the wood trailer. 3/4 mile away from home. Is that a thumbs up? Or is she flipping me off? Jeeping together, work or play, building memories. She'd be mad if she wasn't part of trips for firewood!😉👌🥰
20210222_204241.jpg
20210222_161543.jpg
20210222_204535.jpg

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
2018 JKU Rubicon Rhino.
Factory 4.10 gears
TeraFlex lift w/ 4.5” RK Triple rate Front springs, 3.5” RK triple rate rear spring
MetalCloak RockSport shocks.
AEV draglink flip
TeraFlex from and rear Monster trackbars
Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets
37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Mayhem Scout wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
4:10 Gears with Auto transmission done in Anvil
Old Man Emu 2.25 inch HD kit. Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer
ARB Front and Rear Bumpers
Warn 10 winch
JW Speaker LED headlights
Rigid Industries LED Cube Lights
Tera Flex Forged Front and Rear Trackbars
Set of 8 Tera Flex Sport Control Arms
Rhino Lined Tub and tailgate
Sun tech carbon 35% Tint
AEV seat covers with headrest
Cobra CB radio
AEV rear diff slider
Raptor Lined fenders

My first vehicle purchase is my favorite aspect. Save up and you can have your dreams

Favorite memory is two of them. A camping trip my wife and I did in Arkansas. We lived out of this and a tent for a few days. We set up on top of a mountain and it was simply spectacular. 2nd is my father and I going to a Jeep Jamboree at SMORR a few months after I bought this new off the lot. Learned a lot my pops and I.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the June's Jeep of the Month Competition!

View attachment 4513607

Last Months Winner @KyzerSosa

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery
How do I submit entry for my jeep gladiator?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts