How do I enter & post pics ?Welcome to the June's Jeep of the Month Competition!
View attachment 4513607
Last Months Winner @KyzerSosa
Please follow all instructions posted below
- You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
- List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
- The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
- Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
- Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
- Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
- If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged
Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery
I absolutely love the color!
What is the paint? It’s beautiful 🤩Just bought it on 5-21-21. Started disassembly and sanding that same afternoon, as it was brush-painted silver. By 5-22 afternoon I was putting it back together.
Took it out to Uwharrie here in NC on 5-30 on all the trails but Daniel and Dickey Bell and other than initially having it jumpy in Low 4, learned the feel of it better and it was very much more enjoyable.
Going back soon to tackle DB and eventually Daniel once I get more at ease and learn the capabilities of it.
Mods (as far as I know based on seller's list):
4" Skyjacker lift
All new urethane body bushings with an additional 1" lift.
New skid plates
Dynomax Cat back exhaust
D44 Disc brake conversion
Fosgate amp and 12" sub
All new axle bearings and seals
Upper and lower control arms
total front steering components replaced with Moog parts
Black Rock 15X10 wheels with new MT Deegan 33X12.50's
Brute Power Clutch, bearing, PP, flywheel
Bumpers front and rear.
My future plans:
Swing away tire carrier
Dual battery setup
BedRug interior covering for the floor.
new soft top
35's once the 33's wear out. Probably go with KM3's or MT Baja Claws.
Favorite aspect: Being able to get offroad again in a vehicle capable of it. I ordered a new Bronco BL but it will be later in '22 once it arrives.
Favorite memory: Lol, just got it, but favorite so far was this past trip to Uwharrie and seeing people's reactions and conversations about the paint.
Glad to be part of the Jeep family again (last one I had in the late 90's was a '90 YJ). Feels good. View attachment 4513831 View attachment 4513832 View attachment 4513833 View attachment 4513834
Thanks!What is the paint? It’s beautiful 🤩
Very cool. Reminds of the Mystic paint option on the '96 (and '04 I think) Ford Cobras a few years back, the way the colors changed as you moved around the vehicle.Thanks!
It is a Dupont Chromatic translucent base sprayed over a medium grey metallic base, then clear coat. Not made for several years now.
It has a different effect when sprayed over black (Like this tank for the motorcycle I am working on for my son), silver, and even white.
On white it is a lot less dramatic, best used over a dark base.
View attachment 4516090