Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
2.5L>4.0L
1,493 Posts
Depends. What do you want lol. I would say axels and lockers.

·
2.5L>4.0L
1,493 Posts
I would love some tube doors. Or tire carrier

·
2.5L>4.0L
1,493 Posts
True that!!!

·
2.5L>4.0L
1,493 Posts
Not to sure. I know someone will chime in with a correct answer.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Where can you find TJ's in a yard?
they are hard to find in a pic/pulll yard, and most of the time if they are out there, there is nothing left of them.

as far as what to get, if u want to do an axle swap look for a 97-01 or 02 i think explorer.they have the 8.8 axle with 31 spline shafts. and for the frong a ZJ has a HP 30 up front. just make sure its the "box style" body and not the new ones. they have a LP30. maybe even score them with matching gears and a LSD for the rear

·
Registered
441 Posts
A rear window for a hardtop for under $200. Cheapest one i could is $460. Stealership wanted $750 plus a 5-7 day special order waiting period. Then hang on to it or sell it on CL

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
they are hard to find in a pic/pulll yard, and most of the time if they are out there, there is nothing left of them.

as far as what to get, if u want to do an axle swap look for a 97-01 or 02 i think explorer.they have the 8.8 axle with 31 spline shafts. and for the frong a ZJ has a HP 30 up front. just make sure its the "box style" body and not the new ones. they have a LP30. maybe even score them with matching gears and a LSD for the rear

It's the XJ (84?-99, but I believe the later years are more desireable) that has the HP30, the ZJ has the same as the TJ:thumb:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
what id give to find a tj for parts lol here by the time they make the yard they are a rotted out shell. even part outs online are hard to get anything good from.... little tip (place around here does $50 for all you can carry and $100 for all u can drag on a hood) is to rob the little ricers of aftermarket parts and sell um online makes your trip worth wile. durango steering box is a good idea too

·
Registered
208 Posts
what id give to find a tj for parts lol here by the time they make the yard they are a rotted out shell. even part outs online are hard to get anything good from.... little tip (place around here does $50 for all you can carry and $100 for all u can drag on a hood) is to rob the little ricers of aftermarket parts and sell um online makes your trip worth wile. durango steering box is a good idea too
That is a deal. You'd be amazed with what I could fit on a hood.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
friends of mine took an entire running vw engine they do these events every few month and there awesome... 50 to get in 100 for a hood and i think if you dont find anything they give u lke 80% back or something (i always find something) lol my neck of the woods is full of ricers too so if you dont come across anything usefull you can at least make a few bucks on stupid teenagers

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
:9lame: You are asking us what you want to look for in the junk yard. Do you have any ideas as to what you may want to be looking for? :popcorn:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
530ktm said:
:9lame: You are asking us what you want to look for in the junk yard. Do you have any ideas as to what you may want to be looking for? :popcorn:
Not really. I have a mostly stock 2000 tj, so just gatherin uo some ideas!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts