Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first wrangler... I have worked on a bunch being an auto shop manager, just never owned one myself....I have to say this off roading stuff is addicting..I allready spent over 3 grand in parts within the first week :doh:.. I see myself going broke real soon :D...... Love the forum guys :punk:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Just Empty Every Pocket

Welcome

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
there's one thing you should learn right off the bat.....................this is the yj forum. some tj folkswill want to give you advice. beware the tj snarker.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
there's one thing you should learn right off the bat.....................this is the yj forum. some tj folkswill want to give you advice. beware the tj snarker.
Ugh how did I manage to wander into here again...Tiny needs to put up signs or something warning us TJ owners.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up but it's all good... I'm on 2 motorcycle forums and even a global moderator on a 3rd.. I'm ready for advice, puns, comments, arguments, etc from everyone... :D..

The sad thing is i have had my YJ for a week and only driven it once.. As soon as i got it i tore it down :banghead:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Thanks for the heads up but it's all good... I'm on 2 motorcycle forums and even a global moderator on a 3rd.. I'm ready for advice, puns, comments, arguments, etc from everyone... :D..

The sad thing is i have had my YJ for a week and only driven it once.. As soon as i got it i tore it down :banghead:
He was kidding

I love to give the square eyes hell but it's all in good fun. :wavey:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
4 sure 4 sure:punk: btw, what is a 98 wrangler spot? some kinda canine?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He was kidding

I love to give the square eyes hell but it's all in good fun. :wavey:
I know he was only kidding :D... it's all in good fun is correct.... I just can't wait to get her finished up now and out there having fun :)

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Flat fenders it looks like?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
:D:D:D

Ugh how did I manage to wander into here again...Tiny needs to put up signs or something warning us TJ owners.
...er....not sure it would help.......:flipoff:

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flat fenders it looks like?
Nah, just new and still in black primer... It's a 91 and has what i guess is the normal rot.. front fenders are shot, rockers aren't the best, tailgate has rot, windshield frame not that bad and drivers floor board is done... I have all ready done both fenders, welded in new floor boards tonight as well as repaired the rockers, new tailgate is on, windshield frame awaits mounting..

I just bought a new set of xenon TJ style flares, a to z rocker gaurds and a ton of other crap for her.......ahhh the money is going fast :D

Here's how it was when i bought it... it's torn down now and will be better than ever when i'm done... still deciding whether to throw in a chevy SB

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Xenon as in?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no, i went with this kit..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome my friend- a warning -the rust continues to come- cut it clean - and move on to the next cancer. Especially up North- originally from south central PA before moving to KY.

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
hey if theirs that much rot did u check ur frame my fingers are crossed that u did but it still looks nice though

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for the welcome...... well lesson learned tonight,,,,,, never judge a vehicle on looks... what a piece of chit this thing turned out to be...the body rot i can deal with but after i had the passenger side done i moved to the drivers,,,, guess what, the from the cowl to the rear wheel well is a 1/4 inch thick layer of body filler :eek: WTF.I mean the guy took the time to even carve out the word jeep out of filler....... I'm ready to throw in the towel... Ya it came with with lift kit, M/T wheels and tires, Warn winch, rear locker, and a bunch of other new stuff but i cant wait to see what turns up wrong next..... should hav been a dead give away when i noticed the track bars were literally cut off................. Sorry, had to vent.. :banghead:

·
Registered
422 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a tub and frame I might let go. pm if intrested

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No ones fault but my own.. I looked at so many and i guess i just got tired of searching and bought this one without really looking at it good... Living in NY, i have to stick to a YJ to beat the inspections laws if i decide to throw a smal block in there... Trying to find a clean, rust free YJ up this way is damn near impossible..I'll work with what i have and just beat the hell out of it and enjoy while it's in one piece..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts