Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They released the J2 model and up shoots the price again for what is probably a better light. Then I found morimoto sealed7 v2 which TRS are punting as being as good as J2.

Questions. Does anyone have sealed7 2.0 and if so pictures and thoughts?

Also does anyone who may be in the industry have a view on what rigid/truck-lite are going to do in this space and when? That product is really behind in performance now.

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't forget the '17 LEDs available either. In the back of my mind, I'm still very curious if any of the LEDs available are comparable to conventional HIDs. No, I'm not talking about HIDs in halogen housings. I'm talking about either the Hella HIDs from Susquehanna or even retrofit kit from The Retrofit Source and others.

Sorry if this is beyond your original scope. I'm pretty sure you're on a quest for the best lights, considering all factors (performance, cost, ease of installation, reliability, etc.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
These were posted on TRS's FB page of the Sealed7 2.0s. The highs are a joke, IMO, with the addition of the small "blob" above the low beam. I do like the light pattern of the lows though. Very nice.

Lows

Highs

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Beam

These were posted on TRS's FB page of the Sealed7 2.0s. The highs are a joke, IMO, with the addition of the small "blob" above the low beam. I do like the light pattern of the lows though. Very nice.

Lows

Highs

I also liked the low beam but thought the high was not great. They have some high beam wall shots on their site and it looks like a wide blob where as the speaker high looks much more focused. I wanted to try and find someone who has the (TRS) product. Also rigid/truck must be going to do something or else just abandon the segment. Their current product (which I have installed) is out of the game now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't forget the '17 LEDs available either. In the back of my mind, I'm still very curious if any of the LEDs available are comparable to conventional HIDs. No, I'm not talking about HIDs in halogen housings. I'm talking about either the Hella HIDs from Susquehanna or even retrofit kit from The Retrofit Source and others.

Sorry if this is beyond your original scope. I'm pretty sure you're on a quest for the best lights, considering all factors (performance, cost, ease of installation, reliability, etc.).

I think HID's still out perform LED's. I like the '17 leds but I dont like the idea of destroying the stock buckets because then I am stuff with them forever. I check out the alternatives you mention. thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and I have been the Jamie route a couple of times so no more knock off or Chinese lights for me. Good luck to those that have them but I am done.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I love my J1's. I feel no need to upgrade to J2. I only care about a great low beam. The J2 keeps the lows on when you go high beam. Who cares? I have LED off-road lights for when I need max light without oncoming traffic.

If I lived where snow and ice is an issue, I'd get the heated trucklites. I don't, so JW it is for me.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
for anyone that didn't want to go there and read all that, they were pretty brutal to Morimoto:

The JW Speaker is a legitimate headlamp. It is engineered, designed, manufactured (in the USA), and certified in accordance with the many technical and safety requirements that apply to headlamps. It performs very well and is very durable. None of that can be said of anything sold under the "Morimoto" brand, which is a line of headlamp-shaped toys for kids with a 3-minute attention span, who treat headlamps as fashion toys.

There are other legitimate 7 inch LED headlamps on the market, but the "Morimoto" thing is not among them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts