Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a '94 YJ from my neighbor. It was his son's car (who's not around anymore). He doesn't know anything about it, and I got it as is (great deal).

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if it is lifted or not. Its got 31's on it and it feels like its got about a 1 or 1 1/2 inch body lift. There's a pic below. I'd be impressed if someone could tell by looking at this, but any information would help.

Thanks.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
If that's 31's I'd say there is some lift on it. See if there is a gap between the frame and the body in the fender wells and back bumper. Can't tell in the pic. The shackles seem to be a little longer than normal, it may have some suspension lift.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
definately lifted, from pic doesn't look like body lift, but see if there's a gap between rear bumber and body. 2" suspension lift a little tired. nice lookin jeep.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
couldn't necessarily tell if there's a gap between the bumper and body... not 100% sure what i'm looking for..

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
look in the wheel wells. does the body set an inch or more above the frame by the rear wheels?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looks lifted to me.

Shackle (rear) looks stock. (pic of front would tell for sure)

No gap between Bumperet and body...so does not appear to be body lift.

Rear spring in front of rear tire appears to have decent arch....suggesting a suspension lift.

All the parts we need to see are in Shadow!!

Nice Jeep, I wish my 94 looked that good......it'd have SOLD by now..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
it may be just a slapped on sticker, but it looks like a rubicon express sticker beneath the joop sticker. but definitely think it is lifted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hah, wow good eye, that is a slapped on rubicon sticker (at least my guess), when i picked the car up, i was thinking to myself, "hah they definitely didn't make a rubicon in '94"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts