Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone let me know if these are factory Jeep wheels? And if not, what wheel it may be? I would like to add a full size spare. I have searched and searched, I thought they were the MT Baja's, but no MT embossed on the wheel. They are 15" and have 31 x 10.5, I am guessing they are 15x7 or 8.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum. Those are not factory, but I have no clue in what they are. I think several companies make something similar though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum. Those are not factory, but I have no clue in what they are. I think several companies make something similar though.
Thank you, I didn't think they were factory as I have searched and searched the forums. My biggest problem is yes, everyone seems to make similar. Hopefully someone will know.

Thanks again.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Thank you, I didn't think they were factory as I have searched and searched the forums. My biggest problem is yes, everyone seems to make similar. Hopefully someone will know.

Thanks again.
My guess is that they are from years ago, and are likely not produced any longer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found out if anyone is interested, that these were an option on the Rocky Mountain package and made by Alcoa. Unclear if this was a factory or dealer package, but from talking to the Bestop guys (color of my soft top is special too and no longer produced) I think a factory option.

·
Registered
580 Posts

pictured are Alcoa wheels and ALCOA is embossed with raised letters and a model # on the inside lip. I think these are 512's because they are from 2004 rocky mountain factory optioned TJ 15x8
(tome raider were 16" I think?) also under the clear coat is a small grey jeep profile by the valve steam (jeeps first attempt to mark and brand various items was 2004 I think)

the holes on an Alcoa are on the tapered edge of the wheel making them look oval (this wheel tapers from the outside lip to the center hole there is no flats area or steps). yours could be Alcoa's but your wheel looks off, different size and placement seems wrong from pics,
plus ALCOA used a special clear coat that very rarely pealed, those look like they may have been polished when new.
they could be WELD from the late 80s - early 90's (clear coated) but since they look like they may have been polished when new they are most likely American Racing or from a ford ranger all from the same period.
that's what I think ????

none of the above wheels are available today soooo I would find any wheel that fit and get a kool tire cover

note if your tj is blue and have a grey soft top you can still find grey but I I don't think it is offered by besttop

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts