Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you put in? I have the basic stock non uconnect model. I like the sound and was considering getting the stock jeep radio with u connect and maybe nav but wanted to see what others have put in and if they like it. I will add a back up camera to it at some point as well.

·
Registered
625 Posts
What would you put in? I have the basic stock non uconnect model. I like the sound and was considering getting the stock jeep radio with u connect and maybe nav but wanted to see what others have put in and if they like it. I will add a back up camera to it at some point as well.
Congratulations on being the first person to say they like the sound of the stock stereo :). Adding u-connect is not as easy as simply replacing with another Jeep radio. Your base radio is u-connect 'ready' you just don't have the additional steering wheel buttons and u-connect module itself. As such, it's easier to just go aftermarket. Many are installing the newer HU's that support Apple Car Play and Android Auto.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Congratulations on being the first person to say they like the sound of the stock stereo :).
I too find the stock stereo adequate but I am well past my years of driving around with some bass booming beat. As long as I can hear the news and make out what song is playing I am happy. On the other hand I can certainly see why the younger generation would what to upgrade quickly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I changed out the stock radio for the Kennwood 572BH It is awesome giving NAV, HD Radio and bluetooth phone. Also Pandora and Iheart radio are great. Easy install and now looking to add backup camera. Check it out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I changed out the stock radio for the Kennwood 572BH It is awesome giving NAV, HD Radio and bluetooth phone. Also Pandora and Iheart radio are great. Easy install and now looking to add backup camera. Check it out.
Did you do the install yourself? What is involved in the change out? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was actually fairly simple. You definitely want the wiring harnass adapter that makes wiring easy. The biggest issue I found was that the new unit was deeper than the factory radio and a bracket needed removed from behind the radio. If you are unsure, pay Bestbuy the $99. In hindsight, it would have been a better deal for me as I dont do this stuff all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts