Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2013 Jeep JK sport! Only had it for 3 days! Love the machine so far but I tried to take the doors off the Jeep and they wouldn't budge. I seen a video of someone using a jack stand. To get the door off so I decided to do so, the fist one came off really easy, and well the second one now has a nice dent/bend in it.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Yeah, that's no good. The door skin is very easy to bend. I used a jack to get mine off, but I used a bottle jack and a punch running to the bottom of the hinge pin.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congrats on the Jeep, if you swing the doors back and forth while pulling up they come off easier, but the first time they can be stiff. The dent sux, they should be easier now. Enjoy the Jeep!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Congrats on the Jeep, if you swing the doors back and forth while pulling up they come off easier, but the first time they can be stiff. The dent sux, they should be easier now. Enjoy the Jeep!
Just don't swing them too much or the door skin around the bottom of the hinges will contact the hinge on the door pillar, and you'll have another dent to deal with.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Congrats on the JK but it sux about the dent!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude! Now that you have them off, replace the hinge liners with Delrin so you don't have this problem in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts