Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were on vacation in Colorado, and I had been looking for a TJ unlimited, and found one in Colorado Springs. 65k miles, zero rust. Needs the hood repainted, a soft top, new fender flares and some cleaning, but it's pretty good other than that. Looking forward to a lot of fun! I'll be selling the hard top once I am able to post a classified.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nice! Too bad you are parting with the hard top, but they are worth a good penny... Spray your fender flares and use the money saved for other repairs/upgrades.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hey my buddy is looking for a hardtop for his. ;)

Reactions: SilverbulletJKU1775

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've got some fender flares sitting in the Amazon shopping cart. Didn't know they would take paint. Any paint in particular that would work?
I saw Krylon Fusion mentioned for a while. Proper cleaning and degreasing would be critical with whatever you decide to use.
See some posts here...

Also, you may think twice about taking them off to paint them. The rivnut inserts can spin in the body, if the bolts are rusted or corroded. Some come out easy, but on mine there were a few that made a simple job a real PITA! Do a good job masking everything off and you could spray them in place. You can gently pull the flare away from the body (just a tiny bit) by hand, so you can slip sheets of newspaper behind the flare to protect the body.

·
Registered
2012 sport flame red 6 speed
58 Posts
We were on vacation in Colorado, and I had been looking for a TJ unlimited, and found one in Colorado Springs. 65k miles, zero rust. Needs the hood repainted, a soft top, new fender flares and some cleaning, but it's pretty good other than that. Looking forward to a lot of fun! I'll be selling the hard top once I am able to post a classified.

View attachment 4518860 View attachment 4518861
Nice find. Are the flares supposed to be black plastic like the fenders on a JK sport?

·
Registered
2012 sport flame red 6 speed
58 Posts
I put some armor-all on them and they look a bit darker. But I think they were originally black.
My 2012 had grey fenders when I got it. I used forever black and it looks like new. You have to really clean them first…I don’t know if you could use over armor all. Been over two years and still looks great.
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
05 Wrangler unlimited 4.0 6spd
8 Posts

Welcome to the TJ "LJ" club!! I love mine as well. Great find.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Carl, Do you still have the hard top?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Nice find.

If you don't mind sharing, what did you pay?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts