Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I bought some 32's and finally want to lift it. Not sure what I want to do yet because eventually I'm going to go with 33's or 35's. These are just temporary. Definitely want a lift though

·
Registered
964 Posts
Today I bought some 32's and finally want to lift it. Not sure what I want to do yet because eventually I'm going to go with 33's or 35's. These are just temporary. Definitely want a lift though
If you want a lift, lift it for the tire you want to have. Why would you limit yourself based on the tire you have now man?doesn't even make sense.

If you want 35s you have a very long way to go. If you go 33s it'll be cheaper and a little less effort

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want a lift, lift it for the tire you want to have. Why would you limit yourself based on the tire you have now man?doesn't even make sense. If you want 35s you have a very long way to go. If you go 33s it'll be cheaper and a little less effort
Going to stick with 33's. I'm torn between a 3.25" or 4"

·
Knows a couple things...
49,389 Posts
A 3" suspension lift plus a 1" body lift is ideal for 33" tires. A 3" suspension lift plus a 1" body lift gives a lower center-of-gravity than a 4" suspension lift, and it eliminates the requirement for the expensive SYE kit and CV driveshaft you need with a 4" suspension lift. A SYE kit and CV driveshaft would be nice to have with a 3" suspension lift too but you can get away without it if cost is an issue.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm on 31s right now, but plan on going to 33s as well, and everyone keeps coming back to the zone 4.25 combo lift. Saw a guy running it with 35s on a ride over the weekend too, still looks good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm on 31s right now, but plan on going to 33s as well, and everyone keeps coming back to the zone 4.25 combo lift. Saw a guy running it with 35s on a ride over the weekend too, still looks good.
I'm on 31's right now as well. Don't know if I'd like 4.25"

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Some will order the Zone 4.25" Combo kit and just install the MML and 1.25" Body lift to run with their 31's. When you are ready for 33's, install the 3" springs, shocks, links, etc from the kit.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I thought you just bought 32s?

The way I look at it is I'll buy the combo lift once, put the BL and MML part in now, and upgrade the suspension when I go to the bigger tires and regear. The 2in BDS lift plus BL ends up costing the same, so might as well get an extra inch out of the deal...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
3" lift and 1" BL would work fine for 32's. Chances are you'll have drive line vibes with that much lift, but you could run a MML and a low pro trany mount to keep the shovel as high up as you can till you can afford a SYE/DS. If you don't want to do the body lift, you can bumpstop accordingly. You'll just lose a little up travel.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Some will order the Zone 4.25" Combo kit and just install the MML and 1.25" Body lift to run with their 31's. When you are ready for 33's, install the 3" springs, shocks, links, etc from the kit.
ha! posted this while I was writing my comment out. Great minds!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ended up going with a RC 3.25" lift. I've heard a lot of good and a lot of bad about RC. So I guess I'll see for myself

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Yes you will...!:happyyes:
I have learned that no matter how many times we say "don't touch the hot stove!" There are those who touch it anyways. :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Send that kit back!, i dont understand why people go cheap because theyre on a budget. A budget only means you cant afford to do it twice! Look for VALUE, not the cheapest price

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The jeep isn't my daily so ride quality isn't on the top of my priority list. Lol. Appreciate all the feedback though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts