Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to be blunt, i am not a real fan of the new jeeps. i think they look odd on the outside and i feel as if the inside is a little to plush for my tastes. so my question is: as each new generation of jeeps comes out what does the previous generation owners feel about them. do cj owners feel the tj was to fancy?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The TJ? I take it you weren't around for the screaming hissy fit they threw when the YJ hit the lots?
"Oh teh noes, square headlights? OMG WTH it's not a Jeep it's a freak of nature run for the hills the sky is falling!!!!" and on and on...
Yes, they are getting frillier and softer, in some ways it's a good thing and in others it's not.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've owned both a 90 YJ and an 06 TJ. I have to say I like my TJ more for the styling and how much easier it is to use the soft top. I'm definitly not a fan of the new 4 door (can you say Hummer H3), but the 2 door is growing on me. I'll save my final judgement untill I've seen a JK 2 door all tricked out with the goodies like new bumpers, sliders, lift, and tires in the flesh.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I do think the fenders look wierd, but how do they do off-road ?

I can get used to how something looks, but if it loses functionality for the sake of looks, then I'll have a problem with it.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Good thing is there are plenty to go around. If you don't like the new ones, buy a cj,yj,tj to play with until the new wears off the jk - then its okay to strip out the fluff and build it like you want it.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Iwas looking at a jk the other day and it does seem more carlike than jeeplike.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
this guy I wheel with just bought one of those jk's he put a lift on it some 35's and some offroad bumpers took it out with me for the first time last weekend the right fender got riped off
I guess he wont follow me any more:D

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I know it was one of those easy trails but you do get a lot of pin stripe's that's it though I don't even think I put it in 4wheel drive the whole time the fender got riped off from a tree branch
I hit the same branch nothing happened to my jeep
but with the unimog that went through there last month in the snow with a bunch of us you'd think it was wide enough for any thing

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Oh man, all Jeep changes throughout the years have caused some serious complaints from the radical fringe (That's what Jeep claims all of us are).

In my mind the new JK 4 door. EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The new 2 door. It's cool. It's comfortable and it's got some goo road pep with the V-6. The rest of the drivetrain is way superior to our TJ's, there's no question about it. Give it some time to get real products out for it and it'll just be one of the gang. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts