Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...heard this saying since I was little, and always thought it was colloquial to the repairs from craftsmanship and reliability of the Jeep.

Then I got my JKU a month ago. And now realize it's because you want EVERY upgrade and accessory put on God's green Earth.

Pointless post, but what was on my mind lately :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Post is relevant I think.

Picking up a brand new Sport today.. we're not going to empty our pockets though. I think that perception comes from a skewed sample, people that come to forums such as these tend to be more likely to want to mod. Around here I see far more stock jeeps than modified.

I've never had much interest in heavy mods (well, I really thought about a blower for my 1200 Bandit at one point!). We're all about function over form here. Mods at this point will consist of ram ball mounts, a trailer hitch + a hitch basket (we often collect animal bones and who wants those in the cab ;-).. gas and fluids. I don't think those even qualify as mods.

Someone needs to start a 12 step program for modaholism ;-)

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've only added two mods, cb radio and the spiderweb shade. I can easily stop here for now as they were big changes. However, I know once I get the next mod, stinger and skid plates, that I know I'm not going to be able to stop...

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Haha!, I just placed an order yesterday for a JK U willys and I have a list of about ~11 mods I want to do, mind you, the vehicle delivery is ~6-8 weeks out!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Haha!, I just placed an order yesterday for a JK U willys and I have a list of about ~11 mods I want to do, mind you, the vehicle delivery is ~6-8 weeks out!
Going to pick up ours at Lunch.. my shopping list is:

MS-12106 coolant
2 oil filters
mini-fuse assortment
5w-20 oil
mopar manual trans lube MS-09224, Pennzoil Synchromes fluid #18106, Quakerstate synchromesh fluid #59634
AT+4
DOT 3 brake fluid
tire repair kit
first aid kit

I've got recovery gear that I'll move from my 2wd truck to the jeep.. and that's it ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
I haven't even received my JKU yet and the planned upgrades are already in the $1,000's!

I also own a BMW, and that spells Burn My Wallet.

With those two cars, I'll probably die broke but with a smile on my face...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Post is relevant I think.

Picking up a brand new Sport today.. we're not going to empty our pockets though. I think that perception comes from a skewed sample, people that come to forums such as these tend to be more likely to want to mod. Around here I see far more stock jeeps than modified.

I've never had much interest in heavy mods (well, I really thought about a blower for my 1200 Bandit at one point!). We're all about function over form here. Mods at this point will consist of ram ball mounts, a trailer hitch + a hitch basket (we often collect animal bones and who wants those in the cab ;-).. gas and fluids. I don't think those even qualify as mods.

Someone needs to start a 12 step program for modaholism ;-)
"Modholism" that's a good one, and definitely applies!
Don't be surprised if your good intentions of staying in the practical only mod classification begins to change here soon! ;)

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Boat is just about the biggest money pit out there.....
Agreed. Like they say, it's just a hole in the water you throw all your money into.

And the 2 happiest days in your life are when you buy your boat and when you sell your boat. :)

Definitely more expensive hobby than Jeepin'.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Agreed. Like they say, it's just a HULL in the water you throw all your money into. And the 2 happiest days in your life are when you buy your boat and when you sell your boat. :) Definitely more expensive hobby than Jeepin'.
Fixed it for you. :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
lol...thanks. I heard it as hole but hull works too.
I've always heard it as HOLE, too. But HULL is very punny! :rofl2:

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Between my jeep, boat and cycling everything is empty. :censored:
Boat - break out another thousand
Cycle - count your coins, life's expensive

1 - 20 of 49 Posts