Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went with the mopar 4 inch kit, got everything seemly dialed in about a day. just need an alignment. I figure id ask... I did not "move, relocate" my Evap canister, is that a must do? it seems like you need to move it a bolt hole over and drill a new one?

I plan on getting an alignment the next day or two and let the suspension settle in with the weight of the jeep on it to dial in the steering and toe etc. I retorqued everything under load again to make sure I did not miss anything crazy. took it for a 1-3 mile test drive and everything seems to be nice and tight, no wobbles and no brake line leaks.

so next up is wheels and tires. I plan on going with a basic 35 all season tire. what are my options to look into? and wheels I plan on going 17s or just a nice 18. from what I'm reading backspacing needs to be Below 5? so id assume 4.5 is optimal with a 5x5 bolt pattern?

anything else I should look into ?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
yes if you don't move your evap canister you will tear the boot. Mine did and everyone I know you has not moved it and is running a stock driveshaft tears it when the are offroading hard. if not offroading it will be ok. 4.5" backspacing is safe but I run 5.2" and have for quite some time with no issues.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess its peace of mind then to move it haha. I know down the line I want to get adjustable front and rear track bars. also It came with the new Fox stabilizer up front. is there a correct/wrong way to install it? ive been looking it up and see some pictures different how I have mine?

so the less backspacing the more it pokes out? as in less offset

https://i.imgur.com/KdO6qgL.png

my last car, I have the offset and clearing down if I understand it right on the wrangler haha even though I'm going up instead of down

1 - 4 of 4 Posts