Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they were not on when I started driving initially, but maybe 5 miles later both came on and there was a beep...

Need to get this figured out since i have to drive 30 miles to work in the morning... Is this just because I didnt use the calibration deal yet? I remember readying that it did something for traction control as well i think

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
So they were not on when I started driving initially, but maybe 5 miles later both came on and there was a beep...

Need to get this figured out since i have to drive 30 miles to work in the morning... Is this just because I didnt use the calibration deal yet? I remember readying that it did something for traction control as well i think
Did you recenter the steering wheel?

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
Depends how far off. No guarantees that it won't give you trouble tomorrow.

Only takes about 5 minutes if you have a helper to sit in the driver seat and tell you when to stop, etc.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
Yep. Just turn the sleeve a little bit at a time and look at the wheel.

What year and how much lift?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
X2 ^^^^

Had to do that on my '08 JKUR when I installed my RK lift.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Best way to do it is, drive straight and stop while holding the steering wheel. Then adjust to center, drive straight and stop while holding the steering wheel again. Then adjust a second time. Gets it fine tuned, rather than looking at the wheel/steering wheel, it is hard to figure out if the steering is really centered WHILE driving...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
will align the steering wheel this evening when i get home and let yall know if it worked. Will i need to disconnect the battery or something after to reset it or should the light just go off if it is fixed?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nah. Should be okay.

Just an update, I adjusted the steering wheel two nights ago to what I thought was perfect, but then when I was driving I realized it was still off a little bit, the lights remained on.

Readjusted last night and got it right. Started driving this morning, about 2 miles down the road, lights turn off!

So that was the issue, just the steering wheel alignment. Really surprised me how easy it was to correct also.

Thanks a ton for the help

1 - 20 of 21 Posts