Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a 04 with 74,xxx on it for $15,300, i guess thats a good price, now I have things to fix on it. The first and major thing is the soft top. What is best? I have seen mixed reviews on bestop from great to crap. Any other quality options out there ? Or is bestop still the #1. Next after this is set is maybe a new front bumper, I wanna switch the stock one out for a cooler looking aftermarket one, any ideas? Thanks all cant wait to drive this tj some more.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Best top is the best in my opinion (even though it's the only one I've bought).

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Bestop is the best.... :) If you can wait till after the first of the year they are releasing some new improved versions of the supertop and the trektop....

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
first Welcome to the Forum As far as tops go you can't beat the quality of the Bestop.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Welcome to WF, Bestop for sure. I would say the Trektop just because they look BA and they are frameless. You wouldnt have to buy a bikini top either.

·
i am fluent in kryptonian
530 Posts
wheres geoff?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh man I kinda need the top sooner then later. Thank you for all your input so far. Do you think that the rampage tops are good or no?

So far I like the jeep, has a slight sent of feet or locker room odor though prob mildew or something :-(

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Those prices seem a little high considering the mileage IMO. I got an '03 Rubicon in September of '08 with 7500 miles on it (Yes 7500) for $15300 out the door. That was with a 4" lift and 33's on alloy rims. Check around some.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Why are you so desperate for a top? Rampage frameless is a good top, but other than that, I'd definitely wait and go Bestop... As far as the smell, pull out the carpet, and hit it with some orange cleaner and the power washer, let it dry and put it back if you must. It's got however many years of crud ground into it.. But it should was very nicely.. And smell better, do the same with the top if it's nasty, just go easy on the pressure. My 9 year old top looks new inside after I did this in August, carpet too, not that I've put it back, but it's not stinking up the garage... :)

03Rubi.... :bottom: You need to stop rubbing it in..... We can't all find the deal of the Century... :rofl:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My original top has two spots you can see daylight through, very narrow like a stitch or so wide by a few long and the sides are separating and dont fully seal. Thanks for the tip on the interior. I wish I could wait for the beginning of the year, but I dont want to start off with this crap top right now. I always think when a company says beginning of the year it turns out to be a few months into the year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hit your top with some camping tent seam sealer and go drive the hell out of it. You will need the money for other parts soon enought

1 - 12 of 12 Posts