Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped out my 130 radio for a 430N RHB I bought off ebay and when I plugged it in it has a black screen with some faint lines on it. I can hear music playing and hear the sound of buttons when I press the screen. Does anyone know if I need to do an update first or something to make this thing work? Its being installed on a 2015 jeep wrangler unlimited sport. After just paying $200 in duty/import taxes on top the the horrible exchange rate to get it delivered to Canada I really am pissed it is not plug and play like I had thought. I have serius and uconnect. Anyone have any insight? I'm waiting on a reply from the ebay seller but I never use ebay and don't have a ton of confidence in the whole ebay process.

Ebay ad #Dodge Chrysler Jeep High Speed RHB 430N GPS Mygig Radio Navigation RAM 1500 3500 | eBay

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
There is no update for an issue. A few questions:
Do all other function work? DVD/CD eject button operate?
Do you get anything at all on the screen at switch on?
Have you double checked the plug into the unit? It will be in te same place as the 130.

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the cd/dvd eject button works. The screen flips up and everything. Each button works when pressed. There are only 4 connectors on the back and I unplugged and re-plugged several times. I currently have sirius and uconnect so I picked the 430N RHB to be plug and play with the 4 connectors. I phoned the dealership and they said my jeep may need to be enabled for the 430N unit but they said that may not be the issue. The screen is black with some faint lines in it when turned on.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Seen the same thing in numerous LCD screens, looks like the backlighting is faulty. That is something that is a cheaper to replace item most times.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
yes the cd/dvd eject button works. The screen flips up and everything. Each button works when pressed. There are only 4 connectors on the back and I unplugged and re-plugged several times. I currently have sirius and uconnect so I picked the 430N RHB to be plug and play with the 4 connectors. I phoned the dealership and they said my jeep may need to be enabled for the 430N unit but they said that may not be the issue. The screen is black with some faint lines in it when turned on.
Don't listen to your dealership. There's nothing that needs to be enabled for the 430N to work. It should be a plug-and-play swap from a 130.

You've definitely got an issue with the screen. If you can, get the seller to replace the radio. If that's not doable for some reason, you can get a replacement screen for about $240 US.

https://navrepair.com/products/rbz-rhb-uconnect-mygig-replacement-touch-screen-door-assembly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts