Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife picked up my hard top for me, and when I was putting it on I realized I am missing whatever the bolts attach to! My question is can I get away with going out and buying a few washers and nuts that fit? My second question is, is there a specific part that is supposed to go there that makes it easier when it comes time to taking it off?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
It's the perfect opportunity to pick up a set of quick release bolts. It makes swapping tops a lot faster. Check eBay and the usual vendors for them.

I had a set of the Ruske bolts but there are much cheaper options.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Ummm,nuts for what? The hard top attaches to inserts that are built into the body tub sides that have the threads built in. Are you saying those are missing?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The part# is 55397093ac-m and for the 2 door you need 6, not sure about the 4 door.

The part is called Hard top retainer best place to go is the dealership to order them or you can try to find some on line.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup that looks about right, I'll see what I can find online. Bought the wrangler with soft top, and got hard top from someone for 1100. So I guess I can take the hit on this. Clips stayed on her wrangler when she sold it, she didn't know they were removable and assumed all jeeps came hooked up.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
And when I bought a used soft top back in Feb I ended up needing to buy the roll bar brackets as most leave them behind as well and the seller sold his Jeep too.

So if you get the hard top only package then you don't get the roll bar brackets needed to install a soft top and if you get soft top only then you don't get the retaining clips need to secure the hard top or any of the electronics needed to operate the rear wiper / defroster...lol...I smell a conspiracy, or at least a cash grab by Chrysler because they know full well once one gets the bug they'll want both tops.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
The inserts in the tub are removable not built in.
Technically true, but the threaded inserts are made specifically to be placed in the Jeep tub, so the Jeep is built for them to be in there.

OP, glad you found them.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Bump for this thread. I removed our top today and found that the factory cross-threaded one and I was able to find the part pretty cheap instead of dealing with the stealership.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts