Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first jeep.
1997 jeep wrangler tj Sahara
Gonna start putting some money into my jeep I just ordered a new bumper, stereo system, oracle halo headlights, light bar, flow master 40 exhaust.
Need some more ideas of what else I should do to my jeep. Got some money to spend on it but not much ideas

image-2437729351.jpg

image-2260471085.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
OK...im not gonna lie the chrome wheels threw me off and then the white on white, I was like ehhh .But then you got a doe strapped on the back. That's gangster. If those are 35's I would up grade your steering to XJ conversion. I saw a white on white Tj with black wheels yesterday. That looked really good in my opinion. But the best part of owning a TJ is you can make it yours(stick out) how you want it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That body lift needs to go right away super dangerous running that high of one go with a zone lift 4.25 Combe and start there if you have a Dana 44 and those are 35s your fine but if it's the Dana 35 get rid of those get some widows and some 33-32s and you'll be much happier cause those 35s you'll most likely break an axle

·
Registered
508 Posts
That body lift needs to go right away super dangerous running that high of one go with a zone lift 4.25 Combe and start there if you have a Dana 44 and those are 35s your fine but if it's the Dana 35 get rid of those get some widows and some 33-32s and you'll be much happier cause those 35s you'll most likely break an axle
He stole my idea haha.. But forreal, that body lift is way too much... Go down to a 1.25 inch body lift. Also ditch those low pro rims :puke:

Grats on the jeep though, once the mods start they don't stop!

·
Registered
332 Posts
He stole my idea haha.. But forreal, that body lift is way too much... Go down to a 1.25 inch body lift. Also ditch those low pro rims :puke:

Grats on the jeep though, once the mods start they don't stop!
yea def ditch the body lift lol.

if you plan on ever taking it further then a gravel road, that's too much rim, not enough tire. usually jeeps should be on 15-17" wheels with 31"+ tires (when mods start, to keep rubber to wheel ration correct for airing down.

If you like the wheels and aren't gonna take it offroad then keep it as you like just a heads up. Those things will get messed up quick otherwise.

no idea how your suspension is set up, but i'd say post up some pics just in case the PO did something ill advised, like that body lift lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are 20" rims and the wheels all together are probably 32" it's hard to keep on the road when going over 55 mph because of the lift. Thinking about taking that body lift off. I'm not going to be be wheeling much but it will be off road quite a bit because I'm a die hard deer hunter. It's my daily driver and deer hauler and I use it a lot for pulling boats and jet skis to. Do you think if I take off that body lift it will drive better? The body lift is about 4".

image-2005526001.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or do you think I could keep the body lift and put some wheel spacers on it? Would that make it drive a little better? I'd hate to take off that body lift. I've heard some bad things about wheel spacers and how they ware out your wheel bearings.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Or do you think I could keep the body lift and put some wheel spacers on it? Would that make it drive a little better? I'd hate to take off that body lift. I've heard some bad things about wheel spacers and how they ware out your wheel bearings.
Why would he keep the body lift? There is no logic behind that.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wheel spacers will have nothing to do with ride quality. Your ride quality is coming from the 3-4 inch body lift. If you go down to a 1.25 inch body lift or no body lift at all then you will think it drives like a Cadillac compared to now.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Good lawd! Burn it with fire!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Get rid of the body lift and get a suspension, that lift is gunna kill your body bolts after a little while, wheel spacers are much more reliable

·
Registered
964 Posts
Get rid of the body lift and get a suspension, that lift is gunna kill your body bolts after a little while, wheel spacers are much more reliable
He has a suspension lift. He said he has a 6inch rough country. Also should be changed for a lift that actually rides better than stock

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to contribute to the thread revival, but, He's got an unstable tow vehicle pulling about 2000lbs over tow capacity with an unstable SCISSOR trailer. I may be new to jeeps, but that's crazy. I hope there's some family money there since no insurance company will pay for that impending disaster. Good luck.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sorry to contribute to the thread revival, but, He's got an unstable tow vehicle pulling about 2000lbs over tow capacity with an unstable SCISSOR trailer. I may be new to jeeps, but that's crazy. I hope there's some family money there since no insurance company will pay for that impending disaster. Good luck.
Lol didn't even notice that

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yea my biggest concern is seeing anything bigger than a little radioflyer waggon hooked up behind a TJ... That is asking for something to break or someone to get hurt with a load like that!

Outside is Beautiful

1 - 18 of 18 Posts