Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohh yeaaaa .... Going to pick up the block from machine shop tomorrow ... 4.7 stroker!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definately will! I will keep you guys updated with my progress (with pictures of course!).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very Kewl....:D

·
Registered
802 Posts
Next time turn the water pressure down a bit....you washed the engine out of it completely............;)

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Can't wait to hear how that beast performs! :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OregonTJ said:
Next time turn the water pressure down a bit....you washed the engine out of it completely............;)
Lol ... I'll keep that in mind :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the block today from the machine shop and it is shiny!!! So far I have put the crankshaft and the pistons in block. Taking a dinner break right now. After this, I am going to put the cam in and degree it then call it a night.

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice, can't wait to see the results. Been considering this, maybe give as a cost run down in the end. Looks like your doing alot yourself?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the end it would cost me a little over 3k. That includes machine work, every single part is new except the block, rods, valve cover, oil pan and timing chain cover.

New parts list: Crankshaft, cam, custom pistons, push rods, new head with new valves and springs, lifters, double chain timing roller, oil pump, all bearings, all studs and bolts, flywheel, new clutch kit, water pump and some other goodies :)

And yes, I am doing everything on this engine except the block work done by the machine shop.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Didn't get to do much today. Came home late from work. Double checked the cam as I wasn't sure if I did it correct last night. It is spot on so that was a relief. Put in the oil pump with pickup tube, lifters and was going to put the head on as well but didn't had locktite so will resume tomorrow after work. Here are some more pictures.

Ohh and guys if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Will you have to change the computer or have it mapped? Also what kit is this or did you piece it together yourself. Awesome thread, stroker is on my list of things to do, as soon as i blow my motor up, ha

·
Vendor
6,293 Posts
I am assuming that you had the journals polished, radius'd, chamfered, and the assembly balanced. My question is how come you didn't just have the shop assemble the short block? Was it a cost factor, were you more confident in your ability to put it together, or do you just like watching the assembly process come together knowing you did it yourself?

X2 on the 'puter. What injectors, fuel psi, programming are you going with? Are you boring out the TB? What about the exhaust side? Are you opening that up as well?

Excellent choice on the stroker motor. Can't wait to see the rest of the process and the end result.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will you have to change the computer or have it mapped? Also what kit is this or did you piece it together yourself. Awesome thread, stroker is on my list of things to do, as soon as i blow my motor up, ha
No need for a new computer. I will get PSC1 and just remap fuel levels when it is in open loop. In closed loop, computer will automatically adjust the fuel to maintain proper AFR based on the oxygen sensor reading.

I am assuming that you had the journals polished, radius'd, chamfered, and the assembly balanced.
I didn't need to do anything to the crank except balancing it because it is brand new from SCAT. I had the machine shop line hone the mains and check for clearances. Everything checks out good.

My question is how come you didn't just have the shop assemble the short block? Was it a cost factor, were you more confident in your ability to put it together, or do you just like watching the assembly process come together knowing you did it yourself?
Both. Saving money and I love to work on my Jeep and I never built an engine before so wanted that under my belt as well. :D

X2 on the 'puter. What injectors, fuel psi, programming are you going with? Are you boring out the TB? What about the exhaust side? Are you opening that up as well?
See above for the computer. Going for 27lb injectors at 49 psi fuel pressure. Yes, will bore out the TB to 62mm. Not going to open the exhaust because it is already big enough. Plus, I am going for more torque not HP at higher RPMS.

Excellent choice on the stroker motor. Can't wait to see the rest of the process and the end result.
Can't wait either!!! :punk:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright guys/gals .... I am all done with the motor and it is in the Jeep for about three weeks now. I have put a little over 500 miles on it and it is running super great!! I love the TQ it has now. I don't think I need to regear anymore. Here are some more pictures .... Enjoy :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts