Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my old yj all cleaned up today and looking nice. Just wondering what type of soaps and waxes you guys use. Also is there anything for my fender flairs that could turn then black again? And also what about the hard top?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I use Lucas slick mist tire and trim on my tires and fenders. Use the 303 aero space on the top. Both work well for me. Jeeps new so hasn't ha to wax it yet.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4x4cop said:
I use Lucas slick mist tire and trim on my tires and fenders. Use the 303 aero space on the top. Both work well for me. Jeeps new so hasn't ha to wax it yet.
Thanks im gonna try that. I used just some everyday car wash soap. But for rims and tires I used power purple and I seemed to have good luck with that. I tryed a rubbing compound on the top and flairs but didn't seem to work as well as I thought It would. I sure helped tho!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
The slick mist last for a good long while on the trim, plus it doesn't sling off nowhere near as bad as armor all.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4x4cop said:
The slick mist last for a good long while on the trim, plus it doesn't sling off nowhere near as bad as armor all.
Ok cool thanks im gonna check that out.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Why'd you buy a Jeep then?? :confused::confused:

Half the adventure is the dirt that gets everywhere :thumb:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Xpress said:
Why'd you buy a Jeep then?? :confused::confused:

Half the adventure is the dirt that gets everywhere :thumb:
Ill get it dirty but I don't like to! A little mud ok. But im not bringing it threw a big mud hole

·
Registered
704 Posts
Seems to me the same guys that say Jeeps should be kept dirty are also the ones patching up all the rust damage. Just sayin'.......

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
You have the addiction and you will go through this cycle many time clean/dirty/clean and you will enjoy it everytime. It always gets to point in the build that you actually take some time and clean the old girl up. They look really good with a little lipsstick and then you get the urge to go wheelin. Maybe even muddin but it doesn't rain here in Vegas. Take some pics so you know what it looks like clean and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'm bipolar on the matter. I clean and polish mine, then a month later I turn around and roll some mud all over.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Xpress said:
I'm bipolar on the matter. I clean and polish mine, then a month later I turn around and roll some mud all over.
Ya im kinda the same way but id prefer it clean then dirty any day!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Charley24 said:
Seems to me the same guys that say Jeeps should be kept dirty are also the ones patching up all the rust damage. Just sayin'.......
I don't patch rust holes so I keep mine clean lol

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
I will run it hard if it's not worth much anyway, but I am really anal when it comes to nice stuff. No reason to spend all the time keeping it nice just to treat it like a rented mule. Yall will never see me diving RJ off into a mud hole.....intentionally

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ibuildembig said:
I will run it hard if it's not worth much anyway, but I am really anal when it comes to nice stuff. No reason to spend all the time keeping it nice just to treat it like a rented mule. Yall will never see me diving RJ off into a mud hole.....intentionally
Im the same way! "I just cleaned it so what the hell makes you think im gonna drive threw that?" (Says me) Haha. I hate the old yj dirty cuz that means I gotta go clean it! Id rather trail and climb over stuff like logs and threw ditches ( that arnt muddy) but if it gets dusty or anything I clean it right away. There is nothing like the satisfaction of a job well done when u see the old girls all shined up and looking pritty!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts