Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me just start out by saying that I love the salesperson at my local dealership. Awesome to work with, no games, great communication, did everything a salesperson should do. I know who I'm going to when the time comes to buy another jeep. No questions.

I was a bit annoyed that my new jeep only came with a "User's Guide" and not a full "Owner's Manual". No biggie. The guide said I can request a free copy from my dealer or call an 800 number. I shot an email to my dealer asking for a copy. They said no problem. They would mail me a printed copy. Cool!

A few days later I have an oil case sitting at my front door from the dealership. It first I thought they mailed me a free oil change, but when I open it up I saw that it was my printed owners manual... all 655 pages... single sided. I love it! How many dealerships would do this for their customers? I just called the 800 number. :rofl:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I leave mine at the office. Just the small stuff is in the Jeep.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Great pics! I think I will hang on to the downloaded version!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Nice!

I called the 800 number last week, spent 30 seconds giving the operator my information, and my manual arrived day before yesterday via UPS. It also came with the warranty book.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Omg what a waste! Thats too funny - the pics cracked me up. Though the real manual isn't too much better! I have the pdf on my phone, takes up less room. ;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Wow..that is crazy. I also prefer having a hardcopy version...and saw a thread here with an 800 number to get one for free. I can't believe the dealer actually printed that.

BTW, thanks again to whoever posted that thread. Awesome stuff. Chrysler sent it out and didn't even charge for shipping.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Let me just start out by saying that I love the salesperson at my local dealership. Awesome to work with, no games, great communication, did everything a salesperson should do. I know who I'm going to when the time comes to buy another jeep. No questions.
Manny Hernandez at Bob Baker?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks for the laugh!

·
Registered
248 Posts
what does the 2013 owners manual say about oil type..

since I've read on some of these posts that the oil type changed from 2012 to 2013 on the oil caps... what's the manual say?

2012 manual page 520 says 5W-30, page 539 also says 5W-30.

also on page 539 it says the fuel selection is 87 octane, has that remained the same in the 2013 manual?

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
:rofl::rofl:Those pics are so damn funny!!:rofl::rofl: But on a serious note, the manual fits in the compartment under your Jeep cargo mat in the back:whistling:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Wow that is funny. It makes you wonder, did this dealer not know that Jeep has these printed for customers that request one? Regardless, great post and hilarious photos :thumb:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts