Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent started the install thats for tomorrow but i just got my cb antenna. Ive seen all alot of photos that people have a ground wire run from there antenna.. is that just from the antenna mount to a grounded spot or the ground from the cb wires??? Wasnt sure how that worked, any help would be great!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
What stud do you plan on using?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i guess that would be helpfull to know but idk, where would i find that out?? I got the antenna, a mounting bracket, coax cable and the mounting stud, and a spring all in one set.. idk if that helps at all or not.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Its to ensure proper ground of the mount, just run it to the frame.

Your stud will have a so-239 screw on connector to accept a pl259 plug, like your radio connection has for the coax, or it will be a lug style like a battery hookup has. If it is so239 type, the bottom of the stud must be grounded and the top (above the mount) must be insulated from ground by a washer. If it is a lug style the top and bottom of the stud need to be insulated from contacting the mount but the coax sheilding will have a ground strap running to the mount to ground it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts