Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered one to see how it looks and it just showed up.

Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radial Tire - 33X12.50R17LT 114Q

$265 and showed up on one day from Amazon.

This is an awesome looking tire. I think I will order 3 more, some wheels and a 2.5" lift.

Anyone have this tire? You like it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I ran that in 35x12.5 on my 05 Dodge 2500 Cummins and loved em. Weren't very noisy, great traction (though I never got to try em in brutal mud), and they wore dead even with no rotation in about 15,000 miles before I sold the truck. I've been considering the same for my Jeep, just not sure if the ride will be overly stiff on a vehicle that weighs half as much.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good idea! 4 more it is.

My concern is this tire is big and heavy. Not sure what it will do to my amazing acceleration in my 2011 stock motor. I cant imagine anyone wanting to make it worse than it already is.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
I'm running MT Baja MTZs in 33x12.50x17 on Dick Cepek DC-1s on my JKR. They're ok, but they don't wear near as well as others I've run on previous rigs. They're not bad tires, but I'll probably go a different route when I wear these out and replace them with 35s.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I chose this tire because of the positive reviews regarding bad weather. I spend a lot of time in Western Maryland winters. Snow, ice, rain etc.. I really did well with my BF Goodrich muds as far as mileage but they were not great in the bad weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts