Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 612 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, My Name was chosen/selected for one of the 50 RR Jeeps.

Well, Did not expect that. I once put my name in a hat and pulled out the Winner "7 3/8" - I don't even win when I'm the only one in the hat.

Not sure How this happened. Gotta do some unexpected thinking, before next week.

I imagine we will be hearing from some other WF contestants.

Good Luck Guys.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Have they said how much? I couldn't imagine ditching my Hard Rock at this point for one, and yours is even newer than mine.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$59,650 as built that is before the Petty build out which is another $10k I imagine.

Just called my Dealer to let them know I got the call.

We shall see. My HR is New and I drive it and love it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That's very cool but wow that's a lot of coin. I don't think it would be worth upgrading unless the dealer basically gave you 100% credit back on the HR you just bought since you'd likely lose a few grand off the deal. It's really hard to know how much better the limited edition Jeeps will hold their value than standard HR versions, and if you intend to drive it likes it meant to be driven that will erode the collectibility of the RR anyways. Tough choice for sure!

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes, Indeed. One would think maybe a few Mopar Filters could be negotiated into the deal.
It's one of those things, I had this type of thing occur before. Hell, my HR came to me in similar fashion.
I ordered it as a Joke with the Dealer and completely forgot about it until about 7 weeks later I get a phone call, "Your HR is in".
I had a brand new Sahara (Paid for) I drove over and well, the rest is history.
Now here I am again (sorta) My HR is paid for, this would be plunking down like another $30k for .........
Supposed to get two(2) more phone calls next week. I assume from FCA/Mopar and then from Petty's Garage.

I will give it some thought.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

I will give it some thought.
You're an addict, face it, admit it, own it. You want the Red Rock. Really bad.
We understand. Cause we're addicts too.

Congrats. You're a fantastic ambassador for the brand.
Just make sure to transfer over your cool aftermarket farkles (JWS products, etc).

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Bill. You were on my list of PM's to dialogue with about the decision, I believe you just weighed in. :)

There is a lot to think about. I honestly did not expect a phone call.

Thank you as well, DCM

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Brother, if anybody tells you they're not jealous, they're telling a bold-faced lie...

·
Registered
628 Posts
In all seriousness, congratulations. Wonder if you could pick this up then sell it off for a tidy profit? I haven't followed the RR thread, are these gonna sell for quite a premium over MSRP?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Congrats. If it were me, I would not drop the $60k-$70k, but I suspect you and I may not agree on that point. If you do decide to drop the cash, will you actually offroad it since you know that will destroy any collectors value it may end up having?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
$59,650 as built that is before the Petty build out which is another $10k I imagine.

Just called my Dealer to let them know I got the call.

We shall see. My HR is New and I drive it and love it.
Interesting, well keep us posted. That's a lot of coin, but it's a rare bird.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
holy kitty cat that is expensive
First, congrats on your win!

From what I remember, one has to pay full sticker; no negotiation is supposedly allowed.

I wonder if you're buying from Jeep directly, and your dealer is only handling delivery? Otherwise, full sticker makes it more of a win for your dealer. :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
First, congrats on your win!

From what I remember, one has to pay full sticker; no negotiation is supposedly allowed.

I wonder if you're buying from Jeep directly, and your dealer is only handling delivery? Otherwise, full sticker makes it more of a win for your dealer. :D
I am pretty sure their are contracts and laws in most states that forbid a manufcaturer from selling direct. I am sure it will have to go through the dealer, and yes, I would imagine they are the ones that are most happy in the pants over this. You might even casually say you are not sure you can afford it unless they give you a mega-deal on your trade in.

1 - 20 of 612 Posts