Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Looks good with the green JK.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
Nice lookin Stickers. I got me some new ones too.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
You have the passenger side one on backwards (in the sinister position)
A flag waver's no-no...just sayin' :rolleyes:
I was taught stars forward on vehicles and shoulders.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
:wavey: The stars are now days forward to show that the flag is advancing, not retreating. I read that last summer when someone on the Patriot Guard Riders website questioned the location of the stars on the uniforms.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They look pretty good. Both flying in the breeze. I'm just the opposite though, I've removed the stickers from both sides and got all the glue off of the left side. I need some advice on removing the residual glue on the right side though.

Anyone have any advice on what to use to remove the residual glue? I've tried mineral spirits to no avail. I've also tried using duct tape and ripping it off quickly, didn't work either.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Goo-B-Gone it'll remove it in a heartbeat

·
Registered
84 Posts
:wavey: The stars are now days forward to show that the flag is advancing, not retreating. I read that last summer when someone on the Patriot Guard Riders website questioned the location of the stars on the uniforms.
That's exactly right. All of us in the army wear them on the right shoulder of our ACUs in just this fashion as well

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is from a VFW website:

Why is the flag sometimes backwards on the side of airplanes, buses, and military uniforms?
The flag decals have the union (the blue area with the stars) on the side closer to the front of the plane. On the plane's left, the decal shows the flag with the union at the left, as usual. On the plane's right side, the union is on the right. This is done so that the flag looks as if it is blowing in the wind created by the forward movement of the ship or airplane. You can see this on cars and trucks as well. Click to see pictures of the flag decals on Air Force 1. There are two separate flag patches in the Army inventory: the normal U.S. flag replica that is worn on the left sleeve, and what is referred to as the "reversed field" flag patch, which is worn on the right sleeve.

·
Registered
96 Posts
SJA said:
They look pretty good. Both flying in the breeze. I'm just the opposite though, I've removed the stickers from both sides and got all the glue off of the left side. I need some advice on removing the residual glue on the right side though.

Anyone have any advice on what to use to remove the residual glue? I've tried mineral spirits to no avail. I've also tried using duct tape and ripping it off quickly, didn't work either.
Goo gone and brake clean, done!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts