Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what's up my name is Tamara. I just moved out here to Astoria a couple months ago. If you all know some sweet trails in north Oregon or south Washington shoot them my way. I would love to explore them!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!! :welcome:

There are runs posted on here pretty frequently, just keep an eye out! Sometime's a couple runs a month, but there are dry spell months as well.

Not sure if you are familiar with Browns camp or not? But, it's located in the Tillamook State Forest off of HWY 6 in the coast range. A lot of great trails up there! TSF is home to some easy trails where a stock "ish" jeep would have fun, such as Cedar Tree. To moderate trails, where armor and a small lift is recommended. Or you can go all out and go straight to Crushers, a triple black diamond trail, and one of TSF's toughest trails.

The majority of the runs posted here are held in TSF, the trails are ever changing and evolving throughout the years.

n2jeepn, a member here, holds monthly get togethers with local wrangler forum members in Vancouver, Wa. Also a great way to meet fellow Jeepers! All super nice guys and gals with a plethora of knowledge. Check out his posts in the "SW Washington & NW Oregon Group" sticky. It details dates of the up coming meetings.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/sw-washington-and-nw-oregon-group-94866-71.html

Here is a link to a map of TSF so you can familiarize yourself, if you haven't already
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamooks...ide 2014.pdf

Happy Jeepin :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum!!!! :welcome: There are runs posted on here pretty frequently, just keep an eye out! Sometime's a couple runs a month, but there are dry spell months as well. Not sure if you are familiar with Browns camp or not? But, it's located in the Tillamook State Forest off of HWY 6 in the coast range. A lot of great trails up there! TSF is home to some easy trails where a stock "ish" jeep would have fun, such as Cedar Tree. To moderate trails, where armor and a small lift is recommended. Or you can go all out and go straight to Crushers, a triple black diamond trail, and one of TSF's toughest trails. The majority of the runs posted here are held in TSF, the trails are ever changing and evolving throughout the years. n2jeepn, a member here, holds monthly get togethers with local wrangler forum members in Vancouver, Wa. Also a great way to meet fellow Jeepers! All super nice guys and gals with a plethora of knowledge. Check out his posts in the "SW Washington & NW Oregon Group" sticky. It details dates of the up coming meetings. \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/sw-washington-and-nw-oregon-group-94866-71.html Here is a link to a map of TSF so you can familiarize yourself, if you haven't already \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamooks...ide%202014.pdf Happy Jeepin :)
Ah I'll definitely have to check it out. Yeah my jeep is pretty stock except for some tires. But that's about it. Would probably just explore some easy trails. I'm in the military stationed on a boat out here but I'll definitely have to come to one of the meets to meet fellow Jeepers!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
welcome , you sound as if you may be a "Coasty" ??? Good for you !!

You might cruise around the the Knappa area on hwy. 30, try to talk to some locals there.
Also try the logging roads along highway 202 .
Browns Camp area is a little far away from Astoria , but your drivin....
Have fun and be safe ! "BH"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome , you sound as if you may be a "Coasty" ??? Good for you !! You might cruise around the the Knappa area on hwy. 30, try to talk to some locals there. Also try the logging roads along highway 202 . Browns Camp area is a little far away from Astoria , but your drivin.... Have fun and be safe ! "BH"
Yeah I am a coastie ☺ just got back from underway hoping to maybe check out some trails tomorrow. Also guys I'm looking to buy some off-road kc hilites, if anyone is selling any shoot them my way

·
Registered
12,640 Posts
There are a few of us that get out during the week quite often, if you're available Mondays and Tuesdays? There are some places up near you I'd like to check out. I've been trying for a year to decide on what type of offroad lights to get and am still very undecided. Amazon does have some good prices on KC's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are a few of us that get out during the week quite often, if you're available Mondays and Tuesdays? There are some places up near you I'd like to check out. I've been trying for a year to decide on what type of offroad lights to get and am still very undecided. Amazon does have some good prices on KC's.
Definitely available on some Monday's and Tuesday depends when I'm in port. This week im in port so I'm free after 3-4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts