Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. Quick question, i have a 97 jeep wrangler, it leaks water under the drivers side and passenger side when it rains. many have told me its the cowl seal. Any pics or advice on taking out or changing out the cowl seal myself. PLEASE HELP!! Its cold and wet out here. :confused::eek:..THANKS

·
Knows a couple things...
49,638 Posts
I had a leak like that in my '97 and caulking the gap around the HVAC intake slot under the cowling stopped it. You have to remove the cowl in front of the windshield to get to it, with some of the hidden screws being under the rubber weatherstrip. You'll see the air intake slot on the passenger side, I just used silicone caulking to seal around the air intake where the sheet metal was formed around it. No guarantee that is what is leaking on your '97 like it was on mine but that was an issue for the '97.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Cold and wet?? What part of NYC are you living in??? Because it's beautiful in my part on NYC:flowers: ok, now for the leak... My 2000 leaks on both sides, at different or the same times, sometimes heavy rain, sometimes a lite drizzle! Have not been able to track it down and I just gave up years ago:doh: hope you find yours, also check out the Hudson valley jeepers thread, lots of good people and meet-ups.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts