Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive had my yj for about three years now. Never had any problems with it and ive put that thing threw hell quite a few times. But i was gettin tired of the soft top in the cold. So I went and got me a hardtop and full doors yesterday and I was wonderin about how much it would cost to have the doors painted to match the rest of the jeep. And I'm also puttin a clutch in it this weekend. Any recommendations on anything else I should do while I'm in there that I won't be able to get to later? But other than the clutch bein about gone, I love my YJ:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. What about the flywheel do you think I'd be best to get a new one or to just have it turned? And also I was told to replace the rear main seal?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I bought red hard doors for my green jeep, it looked pretty bad, I painted them with a can of rustoleum and a sponge roller, turned out really well. The best part is when they get scratched up just roll on a little more paint. Look up rustoleum paint jobs on YouTube , you will be surprised how well you can make it look. I was thinking about doing the whole thing.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had my doors painted for $200 a piece. Just go to a few shops and get some quotes. I had one shop tell me $1000 for both doors...

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Will do. What about the flywheel do you think I'd be best to get a new one or to just have it turned? And also I was told to replace the rear main seal?
while the transmission is out of the way is a great time to do the rear main seal and no doubt it needs replacing..if the clutch was working smooth before then the flywheel is probably ok

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just rattle canned my cj full doors. They were blue originally and I painted them flat black, but you'd be surprised how easy it is. Just make sure you clean them up really well before spraying them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts