Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back k from the dealer from ordering a 2018 JKUR in Gobi with a manual and hard top.
The manager told me Rubicons get built fast? Not sure how true this is but he said he always gets rubicons faster than sports.
This is my 3rd jeep and second rubicon, I had a 2013 2 door I bought new as well.
Here's my old rubicon.

Now the Wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Drink a lot. You'll black out and not remember today.

Few weeks from now phone will ring and you'll be like, "My Jeeps in. What Jeep?"

Do it all the time:)
It's always nice to go to the dealership and be surprised :bop:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hell, I guess I'm cheap. Still try to justify the money to mod the one I have. And I only want seat covers and Maybe different hood latches because it's impossible to keep the factory ones black. Then again I'm trying to pay off the mortgage by putting extra on the principle. If I was single this would be a no brainier.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I wonder how the prices on the JKUR's will hold when the 18 JL's are on the lots.

Reactions: J753301

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Drink a lot. You'll black out and not remember today.

Few weeks from now phone will ring and you'll be like, "My Jeeps in. What Jeep?"

Do it all the time:)
You told the story on here about the time you got the HR. It even had your name on the window sticker. Funny, I never forgot when I ordered a vehicle - two cars - both Plymouths.

Some members have complained about how long it takes to get their Jeep. I may have found out one of the reasons. FCA will not let a dealer order a Jeep unless they have sold one. The supply is very tight, so the dealership may have to wait until they sell one before they order the customer's special order.

·
Retired Moderator
100,707 Posts
Just remember, all good things come in time..:happyyes:

Reactions: J753301

·
Registered
150 Posts
So I am curious to the order as no one here I am surprised has asked............what was different on the order sheet as far as options and all?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't see everything but he said it's exactly same as the 17 as far as what's avaliabke4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I wonder how the prices on the JKUR's will hold when the 18 JL's are on the lots.
probably do just fine.....unless the JL's come in a lower price point :) which is unlikely or the JL's really offer something spectacular as far as performance goes.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
You told the story on here about the time you got the HR. It even had your name on the window sticker. Funny, I never forgot when I ordered a vehicle - two cars - both Plymouths.

Some members have complained about how long it takes to get their Jeep. I may have found out one of the reasons. FCA will not let a dealer order a Jeep unless they have sold one. The supply is very tight, so the dealership may have to wait until they sell one before they order the customer's special order.
Indeed. Easiest 6-8 weeks I never waited :) I still have the emails, last one being "Hey, Your Jeeps here".

The follow up being, "Ya wanna come over and check it out?"

"sure"

Now I just washed it and took the Top off, gonna go for a ride and smoke a cigar.

Congrats OP, Hope your wait goes like mine did
:)

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
colors? diesel was rumored was it available?
I think they said the '18 JK is basically an extension of the '17's with nothing different but a possible new color.

I can't see them wasting the engineering time on the JK.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Were the order options different than 17's?
Gobi got cut from the Willys option list.
Baja Yellow will replace another color very soon. Exactly when or what color is being cut is still unknown.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I think they said the '18 JK is basically an extension of the '17's with nothing different but a possible new color.

I can't see them wasting the engineering time on the JK.
^^ agreed

I can see them clearing the parts bins however- the leftover 10A/HR bumpers and vented power dome hoods from previous Rubicon special editions have been finding their way onto Sahara-based 75th Anniversary models over and above the Recon, and I suspect when they have been used up those special edition parts will dry up & not be available on late production 2018 JKs coming off the assembly line (unless ordered before production is scheduled to be over).

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Gobi got cut from the Willys option list.
Baja Yellow will replace another color very soon. Exactly when or what color is being cut is still unknown.
Sad- Gobi is one of the more handsome colours offered in the last few years. Sales and orders figures will probably have a lot to do with what gets cut.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Sad- Gobi is one of the more handsome colours offered in the last few years. Sales and orders figures will probably have a lot to do with what gets cut.
Jeep also ends colors when they are too popular.
I've seen a lot of Willys in Gobi. Far fewer Saharas.
So ending Gobi as an option on the Willys kind of makes sense from that POV.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Jeep also ends colors when they are too popular.
I've seen a lot of Willys in Gobi. Far fewer Saharas.
So ending Gobi as an option on the Willys kind of makes sense from that POV.

So I wonder when they will end White or Black.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts