Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new Willy Wheeler last week. This is will be my first Jeep. About how long is it taking them to get to the dealers? The guy said 8 weeks, but I know that is just an estimate. Also I am planning on buying a lift to put in it right away. Thinking of running the stock wheels and tires on it til they get worn, then swapping to 35's. What lift do you guys recommend, will mainly be a DD. Also are there any wheel spacers that you guys would recommend or say stay away from? Thanks

·
Registered
745 Posts
I ordered a new Willy Wheeler last week. This is will be my first Jeep. About how long is it taking them to get to the dealers? The guy said 8 weeks, but I know that is just an estimate. Also I am planning on buying a lift to put in it right away. Thinking of running the stock wheels and tires on it til they get worn, then swapping to 35's. What lift do you guys recommend, will mainly be a DD. Also are there any wheel spacers that you guys would recommend or say stay away from? Thanks
You can get wheels with backspace that work with 35s.

You can get good deal on tire/wheel takeoffs that basically pay for the new wheels and 35s. Why wait, moneys about the same.

MC gear is sweet, even for daily.

·
Administrator
17,026 Posts
Why are you lifting if you're not putting on bigger tires? The point of a lift is to clear larger tires.

IMO wait until you're ready for 35s then have at it. Enjoy wheeling it stock for a while :)

Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I think it's not unreasonable for 3-4 week delivery time. Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Lots of great info available here for you. Willys is a great off road vehicle straight out of the factory. I reckon you won't need bigger wheel, but hey I'm not real smart anyway.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Depends on your location. Time in transit could vary by a week or more.
But right now about 5 weeks is typical.
I've seen some within trucking distance (vs train) get theirs in 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking lift it before all the bolts rust up. I may put 35's on my stock wheels if I can find some and just space them out. I just didn't want to waste the brand new tires.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hey Mark, welcome to the Forum and congrats on your new Willys. There are a couple of waiting room threads here that will have more current info on delivery times. Fwiw, I was told 6 to 8 weeks and it took 7 but that was last winter. I think the turnaround is faster than that now.

As far as lifts go, there's a ton of info here on the Forum. I recommend doing a lot of reading and thinking before you start plunking down your cash and making modifications. The size of the lift really depends on the size of the tires you want to run. I think the consensus is you need at least a 2.5 inch lift to run 35s and that's a very popular choice here on the forum.

In any case, you have plenty of time to think about it if you're planning on wearing out your stock 32s.

I really like and want to keep my Willys wheels, which means I max out at 33s. So, like you, I'm running my stocks until they wear out. In the meantime, I got a 2-inch AEV lift. Doesn't impact the on-road handling at all, and obviously the 33s will slide right in with no issues when the day comes. One of the biggest reasons I got the AEV lift was that it was relatively inexpensive and added parts without replacing parts that I had just bought as part of the Willys package.

In the end, it's your Jeep so do whatever you want that makes you happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered June 26, 2017

I was told on Monday it left the plant and is in transport. Hopefully will get it tomorrow or Saturday. I wouldn't mind waiting until Tuesday just to see if August brings a new Finance Rate or incentives.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts