Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my smittybilt SRC rocker guards. Should be in on Friday. Will post pix!

I know many of u like to harp about smittybilt product, but I really like the look and they match my front and rear bumper. Even if I have to drill a bit for fit, they were half the cost!!

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
they call them shitty built for a reason...

use them at the mall only.

unless you can afford a half door for half the cost!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pluke the 2 said:
they call them shitty built for a reason...

use them at the mall only.

unless you can afford a half door for half the cost!
Well I guess I was lucky on my front and rear bumpers because those went on with out any drilling...

And I don't hit real hard trails so though I may not be able to hi-side my jeep on em... They serve the purpose I wanted. Looking good....

I'm sure that in it self is enough to lose some of the hardcore keepers on here...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kenjiyukawa said:
Well I guess I was lucky on my front and rear bumpers because those went on with out any drilling...

And I don't hit real hard trails so though I may not be able to hi-side my jeep on em... They serve the purpose I wanted. Looking good....

I'm sure that in it self is enough to lose some of the hardcore keepers on here...
*Jeepers

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got em in today. I'll post pics and an assessment of the install.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Install took all of 10 minutes. Both sides when in flawlessly.

Im not sure if the problems people are having on install is due to most people over tightening each nut before getting the rest threaded?...

Or maybe I'm just lucky.... I'll take it either way!

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll add another pic tomorrow when I have more daylight. Thunderstorms here in Texas had me in a hurry before they blew in and by the time I did finish I might have had 3 minutes before it was dark and the skies opened up!

·
Registered
72 Posts
You got lucky, I put mine on 2 weeks ago and had to drill out one hole a little on the drivers side, but the passenger side fit like a glove. Make sure you take off that ugly yellow smittybuilt badge.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
davwashere said:
You got lucky, I put mine on 2 weeks ago and had to drill out one hole a little on the drivers side, but the passenger side fit like a glove. Make sure you take off that ugly yellow smittybuilt badge.
That was the first thing I did!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are a few better shots. As I said before my install was a piece of cake so I guess I got lucky.

However, I am quite happy with the fit. Though they do not mount in 3 positions I am satisfied with the coverage. I went wheelin' this weekend at Hidden Falls Park here in TX and was able to handle level 3 trails no problem and never got close to the body panel. So for what I'll ever you it for it does the job, looks good, and was a good price (abt 270 all said and done)b:punk:

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One more pic

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts