Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After reading this forum for a while, I decided to pull the trigger on a Sahara.

Deep Cherry Red, manual, leather, heated seats, nav, hard top, uconnect, and auto climate control.

Only thing it doesn't have that I would have liked are LSD, side airbags, tow hitch, and 3.73 gears. We searched high and low and no dealerships had a Wrangler like this in stock, so I just pulled the trigger on this one. I could have factory ordered, but I needed a car now, not in 8 weeks.

Bought it yesterday on the last day of the month and picked it up for $2k under invoice ($4k off sticker) plus the 0% financing.

This is my second Chrysler product (first one being a 03 Viper SRT/10), and I have to say the upgrades for 2011/2012 are great. The interior is assembled well, the pentastar is great, and everything seems to be of much higher quality. Road noise isn't horrible, the ride is actually very quiet until you pass 55MPH, of course, and then wind noise takes over.

First thing I want to do is replace the antenna, and I read the entire thread about the Antenna X replacement. Secondly I want to tint the front windows to match the rear tinted glass. Third, I need to add a hitch, but not sure where to start. From what I understand it is an easy install.

I had the dealer throw in the black MOPAR fuel filler door, which I think just looks a lot better. I'll likely add the tail light guards and do the slush mats as well.

Here are some photos:

- Anthony

·
Registered
916 Posts
Thats a Beauty!

I too just picked one up yesterday, last day of the month. But I was trying to close Since Saturday. hehehe

Quadratech has some nice hitches, and yes they are easy to install. I did have the wiring done, as I would have hacked it up.

Congrats !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I was always about black interiors but tan in Wranglers looks great. Very nice Jeep.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! Love the Color but then again I'm a little biased. :thumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats and enjoy! Love the Color but then again I'm a little biased. :thumb:
I have a soft spot for metallic red paint. I was also considering the dark green, but the red won out in the end.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was always about black interiors but tan in Wranglers looks great. Very nice Jeep.
I originally wanted black, but upon seeing the black/tan, I think it looks better. The two tone on the dash and doors is great.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks awesome man. Don't forget to look into the sound bar mod
I read about that as well. I am going to pull those speakers and take a look at them. I may very well replace them with some better components and then insulate.

481 Posts
Nice. Biased as well.

If you start taking it off road, you'll figure out the stuff you need, and the stuff you want. Enjoy the marathon, the sprinters run out of $.

·
Grampie
783 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome. I also have a Viper! Mine is a 1993 RT/10 roadster, I've owned since 1995. My Sahara is a 2012 JKU, Silver with Black interior. I'm very happy with it. Trying to decide if I should take the top off for the summer, or just drive the Viper, topless. Don't forget to wave!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Congrats, hope you really dig it. You said you wanted to change out the antenna. I swapped the factory buggy whip for the Antenna X 13" black stubby. We're out in the sticks, so I was eager to see if it'd pull in the same am stations as the OEM whip, and it does. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts