Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to find out if a few of these things are normal and if I can get help for another:

1- Some of the electronics seem like there is a delay on them? Like turning on the headlights. It would appear that activating the switch for them is not actually turning them on, but rather telling a computer to do it which then does it, like 1/2 second later. Is that normal? The same can be seen when flashing high beams- I can flash them, let back up on the bar quickly and then it will flash. I didn't play much with the radio but I thought I noticed a delay turning it on (but not sure on that one).

2- The ignition acts a little like the above. When I stick the key in and turn it forward, I will get to the forward most position and nothing will happen for like 1/2 a second and then it starts just fine. Not like there's something wrong, just like info is being relayed through a few systems. Is this normal? It has about the same exact delay as the headlights if I had to guess.

3- The owner's manual didn't have a section explaining the instrument panel (is that right? readouts below speedometer and RPM).
a) the left side digital display went from showing me compass and temp to something else (3 digit number?) and I don't know what it means or how/why it got there.
b) right side display shows miles and that's it. In the sunlight I saw a bunch of other reads (e.g. P R N D 1-2-3-4-5 for an automatic). Is none of the rest of that working on an manual?

Where can I get documentation on the instrument panel?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
huh...... so this is normal? What the heck is causing it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have a 2015 too?

Any thoughts on the digital readout?

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I have a 2012, but i think it's similar to yours.. you can change what is displayed on the left side by hitting the buttons on the left of the steering wheel..
There is a full owners manual that you can download.. i dont have the link but you can probably Google it if someone doesn't post it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I'll look for it. Wonder why my manual didn't mention it...?

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I dont think you have the "manual" .. what you probably have is more of a "quick start" guide. find the online one and you'll find it more useful.. if you have time to read it all.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
call the Jeep Customer line and request they send you your Full Manual - the one that comes with the Jeep when you pick it up is just a partial one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, everyone! And fyi, for those that don't want to deal with a manual that size, it appears that the whole thing is on the CD that comes with the jeep. It even has a decent search function.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks, everyone! And fyi, for those that don't want to deal with a manual that size, it appears that the whole thing is on the CD that comes with the jeep. It even has a decent search function.
+100 - have used the cd a few times and it was quick, the small manual works for emergencies, I know I wouldn't want to carry that brick around and get 1 less mpg lol

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
although I havn't done it for my Jeep, for all my other cars I get the full manual on PDF, then load it into iBooks on my phone.. so the manual is always with me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts