Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a 2017 Unlimited Rubicon, manual transmission in Gobi. Took just under 8 weeks to arrive in Alaska (4 weeks ahead of schedule).

I put in a dash mounted cell phone mount in my super duty and have gotten used to it. Looking for something similar for the new Jeep but there doesn't seem to be a lot of dash mount space. What does everyone use here?

My DD is a King Ranch superduty and these new seats feel like something out of a 1980s Toyota. So a bit of disappointment there, but I still want to get some seat covers for them that fit nicely, don't make your ass sweat in the summer, and also don't have a 6 month wait when they are ordered.

When I hit the "lock" button on the key fob, the horn honks on the first button press. Can I turn this off?

And lastly, I already have to carry a massive amount of keys and this new Wrangler key is about the size of one of the great pyramids. Are there any any ways to get a smaller key made? I don't really care about the remote entry.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a ProClip phone mount in my JKU and really like it. It places the phone just to the right of the steering wheel, within easy reach, and it's easy to rotate the phone from vertical to horizontal. Main downside is they aren't cheap at around $70.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Bartact seat covers. You won't find a bad review. I have no idea the time frame, but you could call them and ask.

Can't help with the rest. My HUs got nav and bluetooth so the phone stays in my pocket. I don't have remote entry so I just have the standard key.

Congrats on the new rig!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Bartact for the seat covers with out question. And yes you can turn off the honk in the EVIC controls on the speedometer. Just cycle through the setting and it will see the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Order your Bartact seat covers through Quadratec on the forum. You'll get $30 off the $300 price tag and free FedEx shipping. Send a private message to "Quadratec" and Rick will get back to you with your discounted quote. Their seat covers are AMAZING! Here are some pics of the rear seat cover....

:iamhappy:

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ditto on the Pro clip. I have a set of Wet Okole covers in my Wrangler. The Bartact's appear to be well made as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you have the EVIC display you can turn off the horn when lock feature.

Thanks NineandaHalfToe -

I just searched online for that info and found this: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/post-manual-programming-features-sequences-enable-disable-228859/

I just went out to the parking lot a few minutes ago and it took less than a minute. I also changed my key fob to open all of the doors with one click of the key fob vs. two clicks. Eazy Peazy

See Ya On The Trail!!!

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
If you have the EVIC display you can turn off the horn when lock feature.
Thanks NineandaHalfToe -

I just searched online for that info and found this: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/post-manual-programming-features-sequences-enable-disable-228859/

I just went out to the parking lot a few minutes ago and it took less than a minute. I also changed my key fob to open all of the doors with one click of the key fob vs. two clicks. Eazy Peazy

See Ya On The Trail!!!
Nice. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the Rugged Ridge dash organizer. It holds my GoPro when I'm wheeling and phone most of the time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts