Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am nearing the ends of negotiating with a local dealer and wanted the group's input.

Currently looking at a 2014 Unlimited Rubicon, Auto, 4.10s, 430 stereo, auto climate, black hard top, cloth heated seats and a few other smaller items.

MSRP is $41,350 and I have Affiliate Rewards pricing which puts the price 1% below invoice at $38,505. Jeep is also offering an additional $1,000 off, putting the vehicle at $37,505. Total below invoice is roughly 3.5%.

Since the vehicle has the cloth, the dealer is offering the Katskin leather at cost of $1,360 (no labor charge).

What say the group? Keep going or am I in good shape at 3.5% below invoice?

Thanks and I can't wait to join the Wrangler group! :)

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Most of the time, a 2% below invoice deal is considered good. So at 3.5% I would say go for it...

And in AZ, I prefer no leather. :whacky:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
IMO, that is pretty good pricing given that it is no haggle and demand goes up this team of year as warm weather unveils itself. The Katskin leather is very nice but it completely depends on your preference. I have always preferred cloth but the leather in my current JK is about as maintenance free as it gets.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Congratulations, you are done negotiating - enjoy your new Jeep!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just picked up a '14 JKUR with a sticker of $42,150 and paid $37,150 out the door. Looks like the options are identical. I buy a lot of cars from this place and its my 2nd rubi in 6 months. I know that's a great deal. Good job! Now like others have said, negotiations are done... go enjoy your jeep!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What $1,000 rebate is Jeep offering now?
They are offering $1000 if you are driving a competitor's vehicle. Trade in not necessary.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just picked up a '14 JKUR with a sticker of $42,150 and paid $37,150 out the door. Looks like the options are identical. I buy a lot of cars from this place and its my 2nd rubi in 6 months. I know that's a great deal. Good job! Now like others have said, negotiations are done... go enjoy your jeep!
Is that $37,150 including all taxes and fees?! If it is, I still have some work to do! :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
i got my rubi @ 6% below the affiliate price. but the norm is bout 2 it seems so i would say your getting pretty good price

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again everyone!

I may be going a slightly different direction and ordering a new Jeep from the same dealer with similar pricing. Should have the final number this evening.

:)

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Whatever makes you happy.

But just to point something out.

Don't add the $1000 rebate into the Affilite pricing. 1% under invoice with Affiliate pricing is a steal for the dealer...as that is basically 1% over invoice for them. The rebate does not matter since that is coming from Chrysler (I assume).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whatever makes you happy.

But just to point something out.

Don't add the $1000 rebate into the Affilite pricing. 1% under invoice with Affiliate pricing is a steal for the dealer...as that is basically 1% over invoice for them. The rebate does not matter since that is coming from Chrysler (I assume).
The additional $1000 is taken off the price after the Affiliate pricing. That brings it to roughly 3.5% below.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
The additional $1000 is taken off the price after the Affiliate pricing. That brings it to roughly 3.5% below.
Ah...Ok...

3.5% below invoice is pretty good. I'd say the average around here is 2% to 4% below invoice when Affilaite pricing is used. A big part of it depends on where you live.

I just went and checked my numbers from my purchase. 3.69% below invoice.

That is agreed price of vehicle (before TTL or trade-in, with destination) vs Invoice (with destination)/ $34,585 vs $35,910.

My $500 golden ticked was added on after that (so I don't count that in my pricing).

My trade-in was worth $10,000 (that was the hard part) and a I wrote a check for basically $25,400.

Fun times...

Enjoy the new ride...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Those American prices are starting to sound more like the price I paid for mine. I was starting to worry I paid too much in hidden costs even though I got the $1000 rebate and $5121.62 in discounts plus the remote start thrown in for free. My total is $46149.45 taxes shipping and all fees all in. But it has every option from the 730 radio, tow package, 4.10, leather heated seats, auto w/start, body matched fenders and top as well.

I think I did alright as this Canadian $. Any thoughts or did I still get hosed? Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts