Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone i just put on a 2.5 rc on my 93 yj now i have a vibration about 30 to 40 mph and when i let off the throttle at higher speeds i hear a small grinding noise coming from under the floorboard so do i need a t case drop thanx JD

·
Administrator
12,635 Posts
Check your u-joints 1st, You can try dropping the t-case with some washers(keep at least 50% of the treads in the hole) and see if that makes a difference if so then get a full t-case drop kit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just put a 2" bds lift with 1" shackles on my 89 and a transfer case drop and it was vibrating a lot. I thought it was u joints so I brought it to the shop to have them changed but the mechanic said it was the motor mounts. I've been working nights for a while and was tired as hell when he called me and I didn't fill like arguing with him and told him to change them. Turns out he was right. I guess dropping the t case with the wore out motor mounts made it start vibrating. Might check yours and see if they are in bad shape.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Did you do a slip yoke eliminator when you did the lift? IF not, you might want to. That's the #1 way I know to reduce vibrations after a list. Usually a 2.5" lift won't require one but it can't hurt either.

Denis

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put the lift on Saturday and it was a 2.5 but it lifted it more like 3.5 and now slip yoke

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have seen this a lot due to bad transmission and or motor mounts. You do not need a SYE kit either way. Another thing to check is if you installed the leaf springs correctly. The rear springs have about a 4 degree wedge built in them. (looks like a thin slice of cheese the way it is tapered)
On my Zone 2" lift they came seperate from the springs and I put them on the spring packs, but the RC lifts I have installed they were built onto the springs already. This will correct your angle.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Tcase drop with brown dog mounts may work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the same issue after I did the lift. T-case drop fixed it and was a lot cheaper than a SYE.

Remember to put a jack under the skid plate and change one side at a time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts