Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the rough country 3.75 inch combo lift and got 1.25 inch body spacers and the 2.5 inch suspension lift finished my question is one of my rear control arms is broken so it needs replaced should I do them all? Second question my power steer gear box developed a leak for a while now but since the lift my power steering pump sounds like it's being tortured!! What should I do? I appreciate any help guys!

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Just installed the rough country 3.75 inch combo lift and got 1.25 inch body spacers and the 2.5 inch suspension lift finished my question is one of my rear control arms is broken so it needs replaced should I do them all? Second question my power steer gear box developed a leak for a while now but since the lift my power steering pump sounds like it's being tortured!! What should I do? I appreciate any help guys!
You don't have to replace all the CA's just because you broke one. If there is something wrong with them or they have bad bushings, replace them, if not, don't. Don't drive it with a broken CA.

Replace your steering pump.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any advice on good control arms? The rubber on the bushings looks pretty rough is why I was thinking to replace them all. With a 2.5 inch suspension lift is stock height still ok?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Just use stock control arms. They are far superior to any of the solid aftermarket arms. Rockauto.com has them for less than $25 each with the bushings already installed.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I see Galloway in the name . Their is a Galloway twp a little south of me here in Jersey . If you are there I have a control arm you can have if you want to travel about 15 -20 miles .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just use stock control arms. They are far superior to any of the solid aftermarket arms. Rockauto.com has them for less than $25 each with the bushings already installed.
I meant to ask about sway bar links not control arms I'm sorry. It has a 1.25 inch body lift and 2.5 inch suspension lift are the stock links to small now?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts