Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they are really nicely made, thanks Ryan for the help. I'll be on my back tomorrow installing these babies but I have one question. One mounting stem is slightly closer to the end then the other so which end should be installed facing forward and which end facing the rear?

Also, did any of you guys have problems getting your bolt off with a standard ratchet set or did it do the trick for you? Is the torque 80lbs and is the bolt 18mm?

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
they are really nicely made, thanks Ryan for the help. I'll be on my back tomorrow installing these babies but I have one question. One mounting stem is slightly closer to the end then the other so which end should be installed facing forward and which end facing the rear?

Also, did any of you guys have problems getting your bolt off with a standard ratchet set or did it do the trick for you? Is the torque 80lbs and is the bolt 18mm?

Thanks guys
One quick peek under the jeep will tell you which end is which. You will see the bolts. I used a breaker bar, but a standard rachet wrench will work. Just have to pull harder. I don't recall the torque. I do think 18mm is correct. If you are doing it by yourself, use something to hold up one end of the heavy sliders. I used a jack stand, but cover the metal with a cloth so you don't scratch it. A box will also work. I also put a slice of innertube between the metal contact points to reduce chance of rattle.
I really like the sliders. They are heavy and very sturdy with good textured powder coat.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One quick peek under the jeep will tell you which end is which. You will see the bolts. I used a breaker bar, but a standard rachet wrench will work. Just have to pull harder. I don't recall the torque. I do think 18mm is correct. If you are doing it by yourself, use something to hold up one end of the heavy sliders. I used a jack stand, but cover the metal with a cloth so you don't scratch it. A box will also work. I also put a slice of innertube between the metal contact points to reduce chance of rattle.
I really like the sliders. They are heavy and very sturdy with good textured powder coat.
Thanks for the help allikanbe, I was thinking about putting a nylon or rubber washer between the two metal parts for the same reason, not sure if that nylon would be a good or bad idea though.

Sorry, I found a little information sheet I left in the box outside and it says to torque to 35 ft/lbs and 18mm is correct.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks good with the factory rubi rail

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Got my rocks rails on, took about half an hour give or take and they look great.
They look good and much better than the Jeep dealer tubes. I was thinking that you had a 4 door Jeep which makes the sliders weigh a lot more. The textured powder coat is better than Jeep dealer stuff also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been looking for something like this. But my wife wants something with a step built in. Will look at a couple websites, but none really mentions if I can keep the factory Rubi rock rails with them. Longer bolts maybe??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Been looking for something like this. But my wife wants something with a step built in. Will look at a couple websites, but none really mentions if I can keep the factory Rubi rock rails with them. Longer bolts maybe??
I know the barricade and ACE sliders work with the stock rubi rails.

The barricade and ACE rails both use the body mount bolts to mount up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check the torque. I don't think that 35 is right. Attached is what I found on extreme terrains website and it says 80.
That's very interesting because I could have sworn the tear-sheet that came with them said 35lbs (I threw it in the trash so I can't check), but they do flex ever so slightly when I step on them so perhaps it is 80lbs.

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you wind up with any "squeaks", check for rubbing between the rails and the frame. Mine took a few days to show up and I chased in the wrong direction for a while. Fix was simple: Just loosen and re-position the rails, then re-tighten.

Just a heads-up... I love mine and the way they look and work. I've dropped the driver's side directly onto mine. No issues.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's very interesting because I could have sworn the tear-sheet that came with them said 35lbs (I threw it in the trash so I can't check), but they do flex ever so slightly when I step on them so perhaps it is 80lbs.
If you do a search you will find a post from Ryan about getting the site updated to the correct torque setting because it was wrong. I only remember because I was considering the barricade sliders when I was shopping around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts