Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Extracted this from a Toleto Blade article.

Diesel=Mucho Buono:):):)

Asked about the future of diesel in the United States, Mr. Marchionne said his company has the know-how and the engines available to bring fuel-efficient diesel power to the U.S. market. The only issue is whether there are sufficient U.S. buyers for diesel in the passenger and light truck markets, he said. However, the Toledo-made Wrangler may be a different story.

“The [diesel] Wrangler is available [already in Europe], and that's something that we need to take a hard look at, simply because certainly the torque performance of that machine would be [attractive],” he said.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
“The [diesel] Wrangler is available [already in Europe], and that's something that we need to take a hard look at, simply because certainly the torque performance of that machine would be [attractive],” he said.

Its also available in Australia, and mine is ALMOST here!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
There's no 'would be' about it. Its a dead cert it will be attractive. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
banditman said:
The feds need to back off their regs. They killed it.
If they were to push bio diesel like they push ethanol they could reduce the emissions without having to upgrade the engines by having cleaner burning fuel. Also instead of ethanol's one BTU if energy to get out one BTU of energy the bio diesel is like a 8 BTU return.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I had a Jetta TDI and despite the Jetta's horrible overall quality, their 1.8L turbo diesel was amazing with power and I easliy got 45 mpgs in it. I would definitely buy a Wrangler with a Cummins in it. The feds should look at all diesel passenger cars and either dismiss all of them or bring them in. They burn cleaner than they used to and the quality is going to only get better. (maybe i'm biased towards diesels but that shouldn't matter anyway :punk:)

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I've even looked up how much it would be to throw the v6 cummins in my current jeep. Total installed is about $10,000. That seems a little steep for me right now but who knows. Maybe when I turn 100,000 miles I'll throw a new engine in it. If gas gets above $5.00 a gallon it could even be a good alternative to a new car that is more fuel efficient. The dealers will put hemi's in jeeps so I'm hoping they could do diesel too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts