Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker and occasional poster here.

I've been thinking getting a Wrangler Unlimited for over 2 years now, may be 3 or even more. Test drove one in 2010. Also rent one during a vacation in San Francisco in 2k11. Almost made the jump a few months back but my wife needed a car for a new job and had to spend my hard earned money into an econobox. Happy wife-happy life!

Anyway, yesterday, I was with my 2 oldest sons and we were passing by a Jeep dealer when I decided to stop to check if we could fit 3 in the back seat of an Unlimited. No football player size in my family so yes, we could fit. :thumb: Even better than in our 4 door Honda Accord they told me.

The salesdude was kinda cool and saw that I was somewhat an enthusiast and well informed that he offered me a test drive. The guy was also into Jeeps and told me if I wanted to test it with a manual transmission.

Guys and gals, the last time I had driven a manual car was in 1997, when at that time I switched my small car for a minivan. Anyway, my 15 years old son looked at the salesman and said my dad is going to test the manual transmission. So I had to do it.

So all that babbling just to let you know I had a lot of fun. Really! No stalls... Except when I parked it at the end and went into reverse... Everything went fine up to the last second when I forgot it I was driving a manual and forgot about it. I stalled it right in it's parking place! :whistling:

The shaky rattly stick adds to the experience. Clutch is very easy to feel. You gotta learn the shift pattern but once you know where to row the stick, it's so fun. The new Pentastar is not a rocket engine but was kinda good match with the engine (forgot to ask what was the ratio on the vehicle I test drove).

I don't like the new wheels on the Sahara. Seats were good but better than the previous I had driven, I can't comment.

I'm always surprised about the ride in the Unlimited. I feels very good way better than what the non-Jeep folks think.

So do I want one. Yes... Yes and Yes! So I'll keep saving and may be in a few months will make the jump.

Just wanted to share my fun afternoon. :punk:

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Another one caught the bug! LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts