Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official WF thread de-railer
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's at the dealer now.

While they're changing the oil, they're also flashing the TCM (for the hot oil thing I assumed), flashing the PCM (an update from what the service writer said) and replacing some gasket on the third brake light as apparently it could leak.
I said "Have at it, call me when it's done."

·
Registered
356 Posts
Fun, fun. Waiting for Recall services to take place. If you changed tire sizes, now is the time to request them to adjust the computer as well.

Dont forget to ask for free coffee, juice, pastries,todays paper, and a print out of the recall services completed.

Enjoy the day

·
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I dropped it off since I'm working today, so no freebies, lol.
Stock tires still.
I always ask for documentation of EVERYTHING they do to my vehicles. I am pretty religious about keeping records, you never know when you might need them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's at the dealer now.

While they're changing the oil, they're also flashing the TCM (for the hot oil thing I assumed), flashing the PCM (an update from what the service writer said) and replacing some gasket on the third brake light as apparently it could leak.
I said "Have at it, call me when it's done."
Ut oh, when did that TCM come out? Thinking I better call my dealer and see if it affects me too? :confused:

·
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ut oh, when did that TCM come out? Thinking I better call my dealer and see if it affects me too? :confused:
I'm not sure, I didn't ask. It's not a "recall" it's a service bulletin from what the service guy said. Meaning they only perform it if the customer complains or when they bring it in for service. He actually told me this. I appreciated his honesty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts