Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather was nice and it gave me an opportunity to wax and 303 my JKU. :thumb:

I was really impressed with how well Turtle Wax Ice spray wax works. Really easy to work with, fast and nice finish!

The 303 was used on all of the plastic trim and it looks good too. I paid attention to the application instructions and made sure I wiped it as dry as possible after applying it. By the way, how often should I re-apply 303?

I left the hardtop alone, I'm still trying to find the best product for protecting it from fading etc. I supposed 303 would be okay but I'm hoping some of you may have an opinion on that.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Ice is great stuff, I used to use it on the hard top. now both our jeeps have soft tops.

never used 303, but have heard of hundreds of very happy customers.

Fluid Film for your suspension, drive train and anything you don't want to rust. Hinges, door latches, hitches, inside frame, inside steel bumpers.

Congrats on new jeep and cheers to taking good care of it. :thumb:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ice is great stuff, I used to use it on the hard top. now both our jeeps have soft tops.

never used 303, but have heard of hundreds of very happy customers.

Fluid Film for your suspension, drive train and anything you don't want to rust. Hinges, door latches, hitches, inside frame, inside steel bumpers.

Congrats on new jeep and cheers to taking good care of it. :thumb:
Thanks! I didn't consider the TW Ice for the hardtop. Does it have UV protection in it? I've read a little about Fluid Film but I've had my JKU for around 5 weeks so it's probably already got some rust going on.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks! I didn't consider the TW Ice for the hardtop. Does it have UV protection in it? I've read a little about Fluid Film but I've had my JKU for around 5 weeks so it's probably already got some rust going on.
I use TW Ice on my hardtop and love it. I bought it to try it out based on what I've read on here but didn't think it would all that, but I am impressed, I'll never use anything else on my jeep.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
I cant answer if it has UV protection qualities, but it always does a great job on the rubber window seals as well as the entire body. My hard top always looked like new and it even helped to hide light scratches from trail brush.

Use the fluid film before you have a rust problem and you wont have one. Use it after you have rust to stop it and to make your under carriege look as though it never did.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Haha... grabbed one this morning at sunrise.
Great Pic.

You may want to explain what "Sunrise" is, We have Many many Young People on WF :)

You picked two great products (so far) Add the FF to your arsenal sooner than later.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Great Pic.

You may want to explain what "Sunrise" is, We have Many many Young People on WF :)

You picked two great products (so far) Add the FF to your arsenal sooner than later.
hahahaha, thats actually pretty funny, everyone I know wakes up from 12-3 pm. Disgusting.

Wow the paint looks very nice.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Owning a Jeep has sold me on TW Ice. Never have to worry about wax on any of the black trim. I applied the liquid wax the first time and use the spray wax a couple of times a month to maintain. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Slow day yesterday had to be at home waiting for some phone calls so i did the 5 tire rotation after 2,500 miles and washed each wheel/tire and applied tw ice to the wheels even the back side. It looks great and will look like that for another 24 record hrs w/o rain in seattle.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I love that Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax too. It makes it so very quick and EASY to wax a vehicle. I also used it on my black hard top and it came out great.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I use them as time permits.

Lots of time: The TW wax
Less time: Spray wax
Touch-ups: TW detailer spray
Use ONLY Foam pads to apply. Use Micro Fiber (never dried with dryer sheets) to remove.
Use a Good car wash and clean rag - Dry with a Blower (car dryer or leaf blower)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great Pic.

Thanks @RubiconSS... I'm definitely going to FF my undercarriage. I just need to do some reading up on how to prep it given I have a few weeks and two snow storms of use to this point.

"Sunrise" for me... is the absolute BEST part of the day. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Which one do you use for which? Spray wax for clearcoat, detailer for hard top, etc?

And there are different color codes on them as well...orange and blue tops i think...
I used the spray wax for the paint / clear coat and for the black hard top. It does not leave any white residue at all and it brings out the shine. It is almost like Armor All for the paint. You spray it on and buff it off.

This is what I use and it works great.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I washed my Jeep yesterday, weather was 60F. Tried a Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax, it was fantastic! Very easy to apply and looks great! I cant believe I have never used this product.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts