·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Im wanting to go to a little more lift on my JKU. I have a 2" level kit now and considering a Rough Country 3.5 Rough Country 3.5" Series II Lift Kit, 2007-2016 4-Door Jeep JK Wrangler 609S | eBay Im running 295x70x17 Nitto Trails and wondering if lift is going to make my tires look too small?
I have a friend running that kit with 35s. It looks good. 295s shouldn't look too small. When you need new tires for 35. You will want to add a new front track bar with that kit.

·
Super Moderator
8,177 Posts
Suggest Rock Krawler or Metalcloak - avoid Rough Country especially at that height.

You do not need 3.5 inches for 33s. I run 37s on a 2.5 with flat Fenders. Only do 3.5 if you wheel difficult trails - the extra height helps with the breakover angle of the four door. If just mild trails or pavement, stay with 2.5. And yes, 3.5 will make 33s look small, so I would at minimum keep stock or a wide aftermarket fender to make the wheel well not seem as empty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I gotta stop reading here first thing in the morning. Sitting here with my first cup of coffee, I open this thread and nearly spew all over the keyboard 'does this lift make my tires look small?' read in just the right way is hysterically funny!

Yes, your tires will look small. Time for new tires!! :) Or, like mommymallcrawler said, keep the stock fenders to help fill in a bit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info...yes down the road my next tires will be 35s...just wondering what it would look like now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts