Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 LED Headlight Conversion Package from XenonDepot.com. They are doing 15% off and free shipping. I went with the black version with the anti-flicker modules and NO flickering on low or high beam. Plug and play! Wow what a difference. I will post up some pictures soon.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Ugh, that's very tempting deal. I had planned to wait for the J series headlights and fogs to come out next month, but it looks like I can get both the headlights and fogs for $900 w/ headlight harness. I'd expect the new ones would be about $1,150 or so for the head and fogs lights.

Now I have a decision to make. Only down side to this is I would expecting shipping to take quite a while to the US.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dawhitesJKU: I tried what you describe switching from hi to low and am not noticing any delay with my set. The capacitors included with the lights would affect this but the ones I received do not exhibit this issue. My Jeep is Canadian so it has standard DRL's. I did disable them with an AEV Procal and move them to the fogs so my Putco LED fogs are my DRL's now. If I was to re-enable DRLs on the headlights I would do them on the low beams.

I promised some pictures so here they are now.

First the Jeep in daylight:

I love how these lights look and the black really goes better with my Jeep since all the trim is black. Gives the front end a much more coherent look.

Here are the lights on - these are just the headlights - NO fogs.

Low beams at night:

High beams at night:

The high beam is functional and amazing compared to the LED replacement bulbs I had in the factory lights before. The projector makes all the difference. These are a great deal right now and you'll be wondering how you lived without them once you step up to some real headlights. It's one of the best upgrades you can do to your Jeep and will help you out on and offroad. It doesn't hurt they look a hell of a lot cooler than the factory lights either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm confused about how you guys are hooking these up without the anti flicker harness. I ordered from a vendor on Amazon. All the comments said they were plug and play but they clearly have an H4 plug and my Jku has an H13 plug. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
I'm confused about how you guys are hooking these up without the anti flicker harness. I ordered from a vendor on Amazon. All the comments said they were plug and play but they clearly have an H4 plug and my Jku has an H13 plug. Am I missing something?
You'll need an adapter. The 8700 Evo 2's are universal, hence the "plug and play". Some vehicles need adapters, some don't. Our jeeps do.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Maybe i'm just ignorant, or stupid.. Quite possibly both.. But can someone explain to me how/why these (any LED) are worth several hundred dollars more than a decent set of replace HID type headlights? are they really THAT much better than a good set of non LED lights?

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
led's draws less watts. Which will save energy consumption. Mpg-wise???... Numbers are vague and have no real statistics. Maybe perhaps a fellow user can use their drl function on their halogens one fill up and use their led's on their second fill up and compare.

HID's are the standard for upgrades. Costs less, great functional beam pattern.

LED replacement bulbs are bright but lacks depth. It doesn't shoot far out because oem headlights use reflective housing for halogen.

LED Headlights will give more depth than a standard replacement led bulb however it will lack the crisp lighting that an HID puts out.

Enter the JW Speakers 8700 evo 2 or J's...or any similar LED that has dedicated Optics. Think of it as an HID with less power consumption. Crisp...even when cross eyed. I had trucklites and it created the infamous X pattern for my JK. I could've purchased the adjustment screw for a few bucks but I didn't like the housing at all so I went with JW Speaker. Once installed, no X pattern even when cross eyed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe i'm just ignorant, or stupid.. Quite possibly both.. But can someone explain to me how/why these (any LED) are worth several hundred dollars more than a decent set of replace HID type headlights? are they really THAT much better than a good set of non LED lights?
Most all HID type are not DOT legal replacement, making them illegal. There maybe some full replacement HID housing that are DOT, but I'm pretty sure retro fitting is a no-no in the technical terms of the law...

You are paying for all the testing, certifications, and lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
158 Posts
dawhitesJKU: I tried what you describe switching from hi to low and am not noticing any delay with my set. The capacitors included with the lights would affect this but the ones I received do not exhibit this issue. My Jeep is Canadian so it has standard DRL's. I did disable them with an AEV Procal and move them to the fogs so my Putco LED fogs are my DRL's now. If I was to re-enable DRLs on the headlights I would do them on the low beams.

I promised some pictures so here they are now.
I bought some JWS evo 2s and just wondering if you ever tried the procal setting on the LOW beam setting?
I am in Canada and use the DRLs but are to bright on high beam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts